$1.76
      SB:
      $3.06
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $2.09

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.36, MP1 folds, BU calls $0.28.

Flop: ($0.81) Q, 7, Q (2 players)
      Hero cbets $0.51, BU calls $0.51.

Turn: ($1.83) 7 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $1.13, BU calls $0.89.
      Final Pot: $3.85.

Results follow:
      Hero shows A K (0% equity) .
      BU shows Q 8 (100% equity).

No exact stats on opponents, I just sat at the table in position to the fish.
      MP1 is marked as a week regular.
      BTN is marked as loose and passive fish, fold to flop cbet <40%.
      Did I make a good play here? And why?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello slipkn6t,

If he is a passive opponent do you think he would even Bet with worse on the turn? For that given reason you could even consider Checking there and reevaluating it vs his actions or river. If you ship the river then you have to ask yourself why you doing this? You are never making any hands to fold but rather you are trying to get value from some worse or even protecting from FD.

Best Regards.
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      So how should I play this hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by slipkn6t
      So how should I play this hand?
      Well, I asked you few questions before, try to answer them and then you will get your answer. :) I gave out my points how I would play it.
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      he can easily check behind the turn with his Q, he doesn't know that he needs to bet vs FD. So by checking I don't get any information about his hand.
      And his fold to cbet is low, so he can call down with just ace high.
      That's what I thought while playing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      he can easily check behind the turn with his Q, he doesn't know that he needs to bet vs FD. So by checking I don't get any information about his hand.
      And his fold to cbet is low, so he can call down with just ace high.
      That's what I thought while playing.
      If he even Checks behind on the turn I doubt that he would Bet the river either. :) And how do you get information by betting? Shipping the turn and making worse to fold? :)
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      But I have to make a cbet for value on the flop, because AK is stronger than his range. Then after he calls flop his range gets a little bit stronger, but my Ace high is still a favorite (?). And I don't even need to be a favorite, I need less than 40% equity vs his range on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But I have to make a cbet for value on the flop, because AK is stronger than his range. Then after he calls flop his range gets a little bit stronger, but my Ace high is still a favorite (?). And I don't even need to be a favorite, I need less than 40% equity vs his range on the turn.
      Well, then why not let him bluff? :) As I said I doubt that you making any made hand to fold.