[NL2-NL10] nl2 fr qq

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello
      Is this scenario a check/fold on flop? I'm oop with two villians interested in pot and there are overcards.

Roo

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.01)
      BB ($3.09)
      Hero ($2.59)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($0.80)
      MP1 ($0.57)
      CO ($2.98)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, UTG+2 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.27) K:heart: 8:diamond: J:club:

Hero ?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello roopopper,

You are multiway pot, do you see even a lot value there? Against what kind of opponents are we here? If you Bet you most likely scare away a lot weaker hands and at the same time you can't really 2nd barrel for value while he could just take a stab with a draw/Jx vs you.

Best Regards.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello roopopper,

You are multiway pot, do you see even a lot value there?
      No i think there is a good chance one of them has a better overcard or at least a draw.

Against what kind of opponents are we here?

one was a 15/11 with 38 hands so i would guess pretty tight? and he knew i was raising from utg so he must have fairly good tight range

JT QJ KJ ATs type hands?
      have taken a look at equilab and his calling range seems to be the type of range that might hit and leave me behind

the other was only a few hands with 33/0

I'm guessing he had very wide range and was tagging along

If you Bet you most likely scare away a lot weaker hands and at the same time you can't really 2nd barrel for value while he could just take a stab with a draw/Jx vs you.

do you mean that because of the overcards and the drawy nature of board if I had cbet and was called I would then be stuffed on the turn as I could not continue?
      Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i agree with everything that was said in this post, not much to add man. i think you just c/f the flop in this case, wouldnt want to get into a medium size pot with middle pair. its just too easy for opponent to have a Kx hand in this situation. if you catch a bluff or 2 with this hand its good too. c/c is the best line for that.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hey veriz
      Here is a post from my blog after one of your coachings last week :f_thumbsup:

This is what I was thinking about when I played the above QQ hand

Originally posted by roopopper
      Another great Veriz coaching session tonight :f_thumbsup:

He makes so much sense! One hand where he folded QQ on the flop made so much sense to me and would have deffo been a spew off if it was me playing !!

new goal...no fancy play crap, just good solid ABC poker!!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, those spots are way different. We had there the opponent having the initiative into multiway pot. Although here we have the initiative.

I would here rather Check it and reevaluate further actions cause not much of value by betting ourselves.