This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 fr qq

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello
      Is this scenario a check/fold on flop? I'm oop with two villians interested in pot and there are overcards.

Roo

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.01)
      BB ($3.09)
      Hero ($2.59)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($0.80)
      MP1 ($0.57)
      CO ($2.98)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, UTG+2 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.27) K:heart: 8:diamond: J:club:

Hero ?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello roopopper,

You are multiway pot, do you see even a lot value there? Against what kind of opponents are we here? If you Bet you most likely scare away a lot weaker hands and at the same time you can't really 2nd barrel for value while he could just take a stab with a draw/Jx vs you.

Best Regards.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello roopopper,

You are multiway pot, do you see even a lot value there?
      No i think there is a good chance one of them has a better overcard or at least a draw.

Against what kind of opponents are we here?

one was a 15/11 with 38 hands so i would guess pretty tight? and he knew i was raising from utg so he must have fairly good tight range

JT QJ KJ ATs type hands?
      have taken a look at equilab and his calling range seems to be the type of range that might hit and leave me behind

the other was only a few hands with 33/0

I'm guessing he had very wide range and was tagging along

If you Bet you most likely scare away a lot weaker hands and at the same time you can't really 2nd barrel for value while he could just take a stab with a draw/Jx vs you.

do you mean that because of the overcards and the drawy nature of board if I had cbet and was called I would then be stuffed on the turn as I could not continue?
      Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i agree with everything that was said in this post, not much to add man. i think you just c/f the flop in this case, wouldnt want to get into a medium size pot with middle pair. its just too easy for opponent to have a Kx hand in this situation. if you catch a bluff or 2 with this hand its good too. c/c is the best line for that.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hey veriz
      Here is a post from my blog after one of your coachings last week :f_thumbsup:

This is what I was thinking about when I played the above QQ hand

Originally posted by roopopper
      Another great Veriz coaching session tonight :f_thumbsup:

He makes so much sense! One hand where he folded QQ on the flop made so much sense to me and would have deffo been a spew off if it was me playing !!

new goal...no fancy play crap, just good solid ABC poker!!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, those spots are way different. We had there the opponent having the initiative into multiway pot. Although here we have the initiative.

I would here rather Check it and reevaluate further actions cause not much of value by betting ourselves.