This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aj

• thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB (Hero):
      $5.57
      UTG1:
      $0.29
      UTG2:
      $2.46
      MP1:
      $0.62
      MP2:
      $1.10
      MP3:
      $4.06
      CO:
      $1.88
      BU:
      $1.02

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, SB calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.72) J, Q, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.48, SB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.72.

Turn: ($3.12) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.12) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.12.

should I chk the flop? I'm probably just making worse hands fold. I called the reraise on the flop because he can definitely make a play like this if he's stealing. His steal from SB percentage is 75%. I also think that monsters wouldn't play like that usually. He might have AQ without clubs and he doesn't want me to draw, but in that case he would probably donk.

I didn't valuebet the river because I wanted to see his hand. He had 22.

This guy seems like quite a decant tag and his steal percentage is very high even from SB so I thought he was very capable of doing a chk/raise bluff. I intended to fold the turn if he bet big again.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello thebaptist333,

Preflop: For what do you 3bet here? Fold equity or value? Do you think he is capable of calling with worse?
      Postflop: Not a huge fan of CBetting the flop, especially if he can take stabs if you, standard Check behind and reevaluate the turn. As played with just knowing that the opponent has a wide stealing range doesn't tell much, we don't know anything else about him, so I am folding vs the raise. Of course the Call (not play) is possible but for that we also need to know the opponent.

Best Regards.
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      I 3bet pre for fold equity, I don't really want to play AJ post flop. This player is a reg and I do 3bet against reg's steals A LOT, and I was doing it a lot in this session. At the time I thought he was very capable of calling pre to try and take it away from me on the flop.

Against most players I would insta fold to a 3bet on the flop. I think I should definitely chk the flop though. I would probably still call it down since he's a reg in a blind vs blind battle and I have middle pair. I think he probably would've bet turn and given up on the river.