$1.10
      MP3:
      $4.06
      CO:
      $1.88
      BU:
      $1.02

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, SB calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.72) J, Q, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.48, SB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.72.

Turn: ($3.12) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.12) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.12.

should I chk the flop? I'm probably just making worse hands fold. I called the reraise on the flop because he can definitely make a play like this if he's stealing. His steal from SB percentage is 75%. I also think that monsters wouldn't play like that usually. He might have AQ without clubs and he doesn't want me to draw, but in that case he would probably donk.

I didn't valuebet the river because I wanted to see his hand. He had 22.

This guy seems like quite a decant tag and his steal percentage is very high even from SB so I thought he was very capable of doing a chk/raise bluff. I intended to fold the turn if he bet big again.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello thebaptist333,

Preflop: For what do you 3bet here? Fold equity or value? Do you think he is capable of calling with worse?
      Postflop: Not a huge fan of CBetting the flop, especially if he can take stabs if you, standard Check behind and reevaluate the turn. As played with just knowing that the opponent has a wide stealing range doesn't tell much, we don't know anything else about him, so I am folding vs the raise. Of course the Call (not play) is possible but for that we also need to know the opponent.

Best Regards.
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      I 3bet pre for fold equity, I don't really want to play AJ post flop. This player is a reg and I do 3bet against reg's steals A LOT, and I was doing it a lot in this session. At the time I thought he was very capable of calling pre to try and take it away from me on the flop.

Against most players I would insta fold to a 3bet on the flop. I think I should definitely chk the flop though. I would probably still call it down since he's a reg in a blind vs blind battle and I have middle pair. I think he probably would've bet turn and given up on the river.