[NL20-NL50] [SH] 25 KK IP vs flop donk

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      MP: $76.55 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 7, AF: 1.6, Hands: 80
      Hero (CO): $25.75 -

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with K :spade: K :diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.30, 3 folds, MP calls $1.55

Flop: ($4.95) 8 :diamond: J :heart: 4 :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $3.54, Hero calls $3.54

Turn: ($12.03) A :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $5.74, Hero calls $5.74

River: ($23.51) 7 :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $10.00, Hero folds

On the turn I call because of the odds given and because I would expect villain to give up after getting called on the A turn.

Hand in his range on the river : 9Ts ( if he calls it preflop) AJ (again why would he call it pre? ) AK?
      -sets I don't think make much sense as he would let me cbet on this dry board imo.
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi DeMarcohsp,

well, his play doesn't make any sense - first point... I'd play it probably same.

However, I'd maybe sometimes raise the turn for value. I don't think he EVER donks like this strong made hand and in the same time I don't think he's exploiting me with the sizing on turn.

He's usually just trying to bluff/semibluff. If he's on a draw he's playing b/c and folds air, which isn't that bad since we will have to muck our hand on the river (>35%) very often even against air which has 0 SD value and will have to make 3 barrel...
      The next thing is that we raise for free SD.

It depends on your feelings you got about this particular player. Just trying to show you more options. ^^

Cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Nah, even sets could play this way and of course draws/2pairs etc. Kind of difficult to lay-down on the turn for the given odds I do agree but now again he could be triple-barreling and especially on such a turn-card he could do that. Therefore it's pretty marginal for us to Call. :(

Maybe he did even block-bet with Jx? :) So therefore doesn't make sense to Call the turn and fold it on river. I'd rather fold it on the turn.

Best Regards.