This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] 25 KK IP vs flop donk

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      MP: $76.55 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 7, AF: 1.6, Hands: 80
      Hero (CO): $25.75 -

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with K :spade: K :diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.30, 3 folds, MP calls $1.55

Flop: ($4.95) 8 :diamond: J :heart: 4 :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $3.54, Hero calls $3.54

Turn: ($12.03) A :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $5.74, Hero calls $5.74

River: ($23.51) 7 :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $10.00, Hero folds

On the turn I call because of the odds given and because I would expect villain to give up after getting called on the A turn.

Hand in his range on the river : 9Ts ( if he calls it preflop) AJ (again why would he call it pre? ) AK?
      -sets I don't think make much sense as he would let me cbet on this dry board imo.
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi DeMarcohsp,

well, his play doesn't make any sense - first point... I'd play it probably same.

However, I'd maybe sometimes raise the turn for value. I don't think he EVER donks like this strong made hand and in the same time I don't think he's exploiting me with the sizing on turn.

He's usually just trying to bluff/semibluff. If he's on a draw he's playing b/c and folds air, which isn't that bad since we will have to muck our hand on the river (>35%) very often even against air which has 0 SD value and will have to make 3 barrel...
      The next thing is that we raise for free SD.

It depends on your feelings you got about this particular player. Just trying to show you more options. ^^

Cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Nah, even sets could play this way and of course draws/2pairs etc. Kind of difficult to lay-down on the turn for the given odds I do agree but now again he could be triple-barreling and especially on such a turn-card he could do that. Therefore it's pretty marginal for us to Call. :(

Maybe he did even block-bet with Jx? :) So therefore doesn't make sense to Call the turn and fold it on river. I'd rather fold it on the turn.

Best Regards.