Bronze
      UTG: $37.08 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 6.5, Hands: 89
      CO: $36.18 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 10, 3B: 13, AF: 0.0, Hands: 39
      Hero (BTN): $27.39 -
      SB: $28.62 - VPIP: 68, PFR: 20, 3B: 9, AF: 3.3, Hands: 25
      BB: $29.40 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 21, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 28

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with Q :heart: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) K :club: 3 :club: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.32, Hero raises to $4, UTG raises to $11, Hero folds

Against tight players I 3bet a polarised range when IP and call a range of speculative hands and AJ,AQ,KQ type hands. Do you suggest any adjustments to this plan?

On the flop I turn my hands in a bluff as I can represent any value hand here + many draws and I think villain will be forced to fold anything weaker than ~ KQ. What do you think about this?
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi DeMarcohsp,

you didn't put any info about his postflop game. Ok, he's tight pre, however, he can be pretty solid monkey post-flop...

Pre: Yep, I like your plan. Esp., from position, it's good idea to build some dynamics... However, I'd say it's not a must on these limits ;)
      F: Well, well... He's definitely cbeting this 100%... Nevertheless, what do you represent? What's your equity in the hand?

I'd say this really isn't +EV play. Why is that?:
      1) UTG vs BTN (his range is strong, your is wide)
      2) You have no extra equity, which you need in this spot (e.g. FD, OESD...)
      3) You represent nothing - he's b/c or b/r the greater part of his range.

I'd rather float flop and overplay him on further streets.

Cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Depends a lot on the opponent we are against. Against those who have some ind of postflop leaks I wouldn't even mind. We might even keep weaker Ax hands in the play.
      Postflop: Although I don't like the raise here, cause it's still hitting his range, especially such a KXX board. Plus you don't even have any backdoors in case he decides to Call. Rather just give up the hand, didn't pick the best board to play back.

Best Regards.