[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh

• BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      On Game No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - On Game Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($26.43)
      UTG ($15.54)
      MP ($6.80)
      CO ($7.01)
      Button ($28.21)
      Hero (SB) ($39.41)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20, CO bets $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises $1.70, BB calls $1.60, 2 folds, CO raises $6.61 (All-In), Hero raises $37.61 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: ($16.22) K, 8, K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($16.22) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($16.22) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $16.22

CO: big fish
      BB: decent regular over a good sample

My question is not specific to this example, but more general, regarding similar situations.
      When you hold a hand like QQ or JJ in this spot, faceing a 4bet all-in from a fish with a wide range, and your 3bet got called by a good regular, is it ok to shove? Generally I belive that BB's range here consists more of poket pairs or some high cards like AQ,AJ and maybe sometimes ATs, KQs or AK(that he doesn't want to 4bet with). I don't really think he has AA or KK in this spot.
      Basically I shove to protect my hand from a bad board, where it will be very hard to get value and ocasionaly I can get outplayed. I feel that I'm almost allways ahead of BB here.
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi BogdanDR,

I'd say wp, just the sizing could be bigger.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind shove at all. Our opponents have shallow stacks + they will call with wide range anyway and we don't have to face any hard decisions...

BB's range is capped. Therefore, I like overshove with very wide range - actually all your 3betting range (99+,AT+)... There is plenty dead money and even with these hands you're probably dominating the fish... And it's huuge +EV spot!
      BB donates here ... However, make sure he's thinking player you can't use it in general...

Cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BogdanDr,

Well, you can't discard KK/AA here. :) He could easily even be doing that and trapping you. But of course we can't really do much than ship it. We need to protect, no point for us to Call.

Best Regards.