90 Man SNGs at stars,

• Xeonz123
      Anyone play in the micro Turbo 90 mans at stars be kind enough to give me some information, For example; How tough they are, How Proffitable they are and most players play?.
  • 4 replies
    • Xeonz123
    • maythany
      The 90 man sit and go's at PS are fairly challenging.

Top 12 get paid out of 90, therefore 12/90= 13.3333%

That means you need at least 11,000 chips to make it into the money, or have a fighting chance.

I have played 90 man SnG's, and I have finished in the money a couple times, but it was more challenging than 18 man because of the higher volume and looser players.

Yes it can be profitable if you finish in the top 5 every now and then (you won't always win, that's just how it is).

So let's think about this a little deeper. You have 1500 chips, blinds increase every 5 minutes and you are surrounded by loose players (elephants, maniacs, etc.) the majority of the time who will call your all in pocket pair (example), with A-x off, k-X, Q-X.

However, like I said earlier, if you finish in the top 5 (1$ SnG) the wins will outweigh the losses.

So, you need to accumulate at least 10k chips before the blinds get really high and your fold equity diminishes.

If you really want to give this a try then by all means you should because if you feel like you can do well in this field then my opinion should not matter as I am not saying you are incapable of winning money from 90 man. All I am saying is that, it gets pretty crazy every now and then.

I hope this helped you, and I didn't waste your time.
    • gavinonymous
      of course the best way to find out is to play them.

I read your post and entered one 90 man $1 tourney to see for myself. it was very soft, and agree lots of maniacs/v. loose fish, be careful early but no need to be tight if you have an edge postflop.

I found that late stages and bubble, raising 2.2x the BB seems to do ok, people rarely reshove without a better hand and tend to call reshoves v. light. there are some regs with exceptions. I ended up 2nd and the last hand lost A3s to villain's K3o call about even in chips. not so nice but good value IMO.
    • chadney18
      i play, and wud like 2 chat stratergy? contact me on the community tool if you like

Edit by EuanM: I removed your E-mail address from the post, Please use the community tool to communicate, and avoid posting your contact details - it's a public forum, so anyone could find it. :)