Can a "Blue Fish" Be a Profitable Style?

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      I have PokerEdge listing me as a blue fish, which means I'm loose and aggressive pre-flop and passive post flop. I mean, it's kind of hard to bet on the river and turn when you're small stack playing in a tournament.

I've lost money playing cash games, but I've made more money in SnG tournaments, and I'm planning to specialize in that field now.

So really, does it really matter what type of animal poker software gives you as long as you are successful and making money?

The reason I'm asking is because if someone has PE and they see me as a blue fish, they're going to think I'm bluffing and will push with A-x while I actually have a pair of queens and raising for value and I'll call for sure to be sucked out on the turn (example).

Not everyone can be sharks right?

Just looking for opinions.

Thanks!

Maythany B
  • 5 replies
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maythany
      I have PokerEdge listing me as a blue fish, which means I'm loose and aggressive pre-flop and passive post flop. I mean, it's kind of hard to bet on the river and turn when you're small stack playing in a tournament.

I've lost money playing cash games, but I've made more money in SnG tournaments, and I'm planning to specialize in that field now.

So really, does it really matter what type of animal poker software gives you as long as you are successful and making money?

The reason I'm asking is because if someone has PE and they see me as a blue fish, they're going to think I'm bluffing and will push with A-x while I actually have a pair of queens and raising for value and I'll call for sure to be sucked out on the turn (example).

Not everyone can be sharks right?

Just looking for opinions.

Thanks!

Maythany B
      Thats actually what you want every time.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Not when I'm in the bubble and mid stacked lol
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      ...I'll call for sure to be sucked out on the turn...
      That, right there, is the attitude you need to stop right now.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Thank you sir.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Not when I'm in the bubble and mid stacked lol
      That's a pretty ideal situation to have QQ and get shoved on by someone playing ace-rag which only has around 30-40% equity against your hand. You get into the money with a bigger stack and a better chance to taking down the tournament.

You shouldn't care whether or not you mincash.