Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

MP: $24.93 (99.7 bb)
      CO: $37.60 (150.4 bb)
      BTN: $25 (100 bb) 37/29/1.5/25.0/33/35
      SB: $25.60 (102.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $26.46 (105.8 bb) 23/18/2.7/15.0/22/56
      UTG: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.50, CO raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, Hero calls $1.25, MP calls $1

Flop: ($6.10) 3 6 Q (4 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $4.50

Multiway pot, TPTK, draw heavy board so I donk to protect my hand. One player call, he could have a draw, he could have a weaker Qx like KQ. He can even have suited connectors.

Turn: ($15.10) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, BTN raises to $19 and is all-in, Hero calls $9

Looks scary but might not be. Only 47 and 78 have a straight and I don't think he would have called the flop with either so I see myself ahead. I bet 2/3 and he shoves and there's no freaking way I can fold this now. So the question is should I have check/called turn or was my line fine? I honestly still see myself ahead cause he could be doing this with draws right?

River: ($53.10) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
  • 5 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi maheepsangari,

in general I really hate this call pre ... Isn't it possible that CO has somehow lighter 3bet range? (MP fish?) ...

I'd love to sq here. Nevertheless, if there is no reason obv we have to call ... ~~ Still .. I will 4bet just because the dead money Oo

The flop is pretty good, we can expect CO cbet here very often. Therefore, I'd like to check it with plan - c-r stack off ;) ...

As played it's fine too, even though you probably get less value, on the other hand is safer ... :)

Cya
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      MP was a fish, 53/33/1.0/8.0/23/71 (VPIP/PFR/3-Bet/AF/WTSD/Hands) and MP does 3-Bet lightly, 25%(33.3% from CO). Should have squeezed.

I see that you really love to C/R, don't you? :D
      Would the CO really C-Bet into 4-opponents? Its very likely that someone could have a Flush Draw or even weird straight draws. Isn't it safer to just lead out and take charge yourself? What if everybody checks behind and boom the Turn is a :diamond: .

Besides in a multiway pot wouldn't C/R be too fancy? Shouldn't one just play straight up in these situations?

Could you give me more insight into this C/R play here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Preflop: Calling is one of the worst options here. :( AQo ain't a hand which we want to play in multiway pot neither OOP. Just 4bet it for fold equity and that should be it. :)

As played
      Postflop: Exactly this happens where you just start to overplay your TP. That's why you should be calling in first place preflop. :)

Best Regards.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Platinum
      So 4bet/fold should be standart here? Are we bluffing with AQ, due to blockers? Could we take pasive line post flop, ch/c all the way to SD unless flop gets very ugly?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So 4bet/fold should be standart here? Are we bluffing with AQ, due to blockers?

Yes, rather 4bet/Fold if you expect him to be 3betting with loose range. Practically it is the case that we have both blockers.

Could we take pasive line post flop, ch/c all the way to SD unless flop gets very ugly?

Well, of course we could pick it but then again I guess I would even at some point just Check/Fold it like on turn. :)