BB: $22.31 (89.2 bb) 69/44/5.5/0.0/33/17
      CO: $37.28 (149.1 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $25 (100 bb) 18/18/3.0/25.0/33/17
      SB: $24.77 (99.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 9
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 5 J 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

I thought he's donking to protect his hand against draws. So I decide to float with position on him.

Turn: ($3.10) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.75, BB calls $3.25

Time for me to bluff. His bets are too weak anyway. Should I raise bigger here? Or should I just not try to bluff such a loose player?

River: ($12.60) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi maheepsangari,

tbh, I wouldn't think "he donks below 1/2 he's protecting here!", because he is not :)

He's a fish and for that given reason he's donking here anytwocards with some potential. Esp. draws, because he thinks he's ultra smart - he's donkbetting to make his own prize. Which isn't bad idea in general if you are against opponent who doesn't know that and isn't exploiting your donkbetting style (YOU! :s_biggrin: )

Therefore, because his range here is so wide you have to protect! Same situation as the hand we've discussed before. Yep, you have only 2nd pair, however, the opponent range is SO wide, you can easily go for value here. Not a big raise, just something around 2$ to make him donk/call all draws.
      Then it depends on turn ofc ...

As played I don't like your play at all. If we skip this call of opp's donkbet. Why are you raising there? He will never fold Jx, FD completes (his range is a lot based on these flushdraws from flop), ... And you actually don't represent much ...
      If I were you I wouldn't raise the turn ofc, however, on this river I continue with aggression. We can make fold the Jx(nospade) hands and maybe sometimes hands like 67s ...

HE IS CHECKING that means he has never As or Ks the pot is already 12$ and I wouldn't mind a little advanced move - ship it! To make fold his all <Ks hands :)
      The good thing is that he never has As or Ks on the other hand you easily can... I'd just go for it and shove river with almost 100% FE. (you need a little more than 60% to make it profitable.) You deffo have it ...

Cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello maheepsangari,

Don't try to bluff a fish there. Rather just flat and reevaluate it on the river, you could easily even be ahead there vs his block-bets. Also if we still 3rd barrels the river we can get away.

Best Regards.