CO: $25.13 (100.5 bb)
      BTN: $27.21 (108.8 bb) 25/22/1.3/0.0/75/38
      SB: $24.44 (97.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 8
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 2 9 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.35) 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO folds, BTN raises to $3.75, Hero raises to $10.08, BTN calls $6.33

River: ($22.51) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.62 and is all-in, BTN calls $15.62
  • 4 replies
    • KillerFishes
      Hi maheepsangari,

building the pot is definitely a good idea. However, just keep on mind we're multiway and we still have only 8 outs :)

Therefore, I wouldn't really donkbet here. I prefer the c-r here against BTN. because his range is really wide and if you both check here, he will very often fire just with somehow playable hand(gutshots, low pps, 6x...) which you make fold by the c-r + some air ...

He will not 3bet his sets very often on this dry board and just call in position and let you bluff - it works for you very well. :) Because you will still have a chance to hit and stack off these sets :)

• maheepsangari
      Ok, since we're talking about draws how about this? I check he Bets $1.80, I raise to $5, he shoves???
    • KillerFishes
      Well, firs of all, it's very important that you've understood the reason we play c-r here ...

We expect BTN bet here quite loose, because a lot of players feel duty to bet last to act if it's checked to them. (if he is passive and his range here is very strong it's better to play just the odds ...)
      If he is kind of regish player, we got +EV c-r, where we take the pot down very often.

I think that 3/4 on this dry board is a little too much, I'd expect him to bet around 1,3-1,5$

However, nevermind, let's calculate with 1,8$...

The pot is 2,35$ he just bets 1,8$ => 4,15$
      My c-r would be around 4,2$ ... means we need about 50% FE, right?

As we said before we don't actually need a very loose player here. Let's assume he bets here somehow playable hands with intend of taking the pot right now and giving up on any aggresion ... We can just assume what his range is it's very dependent on the player...

Let's just count the value combos -
      22 (3), 99 (3), 66, (3), however, still we are not sure if he calls them on our c-r or shoves right?
      the same goes for 9x, his stats are pretty regish so I'm not expecting him to bet/shove here with something like T9, right? We can count 9x (78) combos)

He will not shove hands like 45 with backdoor FD right? However, he can be easily betting them... or do you expect him shove 67? Not really, right?

Ok, we have 9 combos of sets and 78 of TP combos of valuehands sometimes we can count TT, however, I'd say he will usually 3bet it pre...

87 combos...
      We need 50% FE equity to make +EV move IMMIDIATELY that means we need him to bluff or semibluff with at least 78 combos and just count 6x, gutshots, lowpps, air which missed and have a little of SD value (=> betting) ... These will give us enough...

The good thing about this texture is that he's very likely to bet a lot of crap stuff, however, he will fold most of them ... And when he calls (sets, 9x - He is deffo not shoving them 100% !!) you have pretty good equity to stack them ...

On shove without further reads I'm folding, because I think his range is just monsters ... He can have any draw willing to shove ... right? Besides 87 (which you discount a lot) ... => We have made +EV play with the c-r why call the shove?

I hope it all makes sense somehow,
      Cya :)
    • veriz
      Hello maheepsangari,

Preflop: What kind of opponent is CO? I might even prefer to squeeze here while 78o ain't the greatest hand to play OOP and not much you can hit with it.

As played
      Flop: Rather donk yourself for fold equity here. We never know how good our implied odds are.

As played
      Not much to comment, we are planning to get it in.

Best Regards.