Final table deal making

• wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      I just watched the final table of Micromillions finale and when they decided for a deal, the moderator said that the following options are available: chip chop, icm, even split, custom. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between them, so I'll know if I find myself in such a position?
  • 4 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Wizo656

I moved this to a better suited forum where it gets better attention imo.
      I don't play MTT's so I can't really help you with this. I do wish you the best of luck with your MTT's!

RasTweet
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi wizo

You may find a good article about final table deal making here.

In addition:
      chip chop = the chip count method
      even split = everybody get's the same amount of money - the amount of chips one has don't matter
      custom = players decide to ignore maths and choose their own payout. Happens for example if one player wants to get more money and another player is willing to give it to him to make the deal possible

Hope that helps. If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Regards,
      Asaban
    • AssadKamran91
      AssadKamran91
      Black
      basicly you never want to make a deal with a big/middle stack unless you get a really good deal. with a short stack it might be the best option if there's some other short stacks and the money is life changing. Also how big your edge is should be an important factor.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      That is not really true. Of course you have to consider making a deal even and especially if you are the dominating chip leader. You obv have to choose the chipcount deal while being a bigstack since it guarantees you a big amount of the money. Often the amount will be very close to first prize. If that is the case there is no point in playing it out. Just take the save money. There is already enough variance in mtt's.

If you are short stack you shouldn't deal that often imo. You won't get much more money then you already have save. So it might be a good idea to try doubling up or getting some extra money from the other players before accepting a deal. If you want to discuss a deal you should always choose the ICM Deal as the starting point for further negotiations. The ICM deal favors shortstacks a lot.

Regards,
      Asaban