[NL20-NL50] Shoving after C/R with 12 outs

• maheepsangari
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players

Hero (SB): $26.70 (106.8 bb) 28/26/18.0/6.7/38/40
      BB: $29.21 (116.8 bb) 18/12/0.5/2.5/30/104

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 9
      Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) Q 3 J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB raises to $4.25, Hero raises to $25.95 and is all-in, BB calls $21.70

So I have 12 outs, he could be C/R me with a draw or even top pair. I can call considering I have implied odds but I decide to shove for 2 reasons. 1) He might not pay me off if I complete my draw cause that would become too obvious. 2) If I shove I do have some fold equity and I might as well make the most of it.
  • 3 replies
    • KillerFishes
      Hi maheepsangari,

I like your reasoning ... You've forgotten two important things, though...

1) Who is your opponent?
      2) It's HU. => Our perceived range is much more looser.

The thing is that our opponent seems rather nitty, right? After 100 hands that's pretty good sample to say he's probably mass multitabler or just a
      nitting "pro".

- Since it's HU he's probably 3betting hands like - AQ,JJ pre...=> works for us
      - He's not very aggresive, why do you think he will c-r here with hand like QT? or A6ss?
      - I'd say that this kind of passive player is raising only draws, which are actually stronger than yours. {ATss,KTss,...} and then value hands such as {33, QJ}... At worst he's not 3betting JJ,AQ and plays for value here.

=> Do you still thing that's so good stack off? :)
    • maheepsangari
      Yeah so I guess I should have folded cause either way he has me beat, he could have a better draw or a made hand already.

I'm experiencing a lot of Check/Raising on this limit. What kind of hands do people at NL25 usually C/R with. At lower limits C/R was very less and was only with a set or some hand like that. I myself have a very low C/R of 3.2% so I'm not able to get my head around to what people are doing that with and its happening a lot more here.
    • Kaitz20

not sure if you would shove there overpairs or AQ. I would likely b/c flop to then consider getting all-in most turns. I doubt he would c/r that big with worse draws (like 5s6s) so even if he has there draw you´re still behind even against KT or T9

Best regards,