This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll Just hit $1000

• Bunn3yB0y
      Bunn3yB0y
      Bronze
      Don't care if thats not much to some people or whether or not anyone cares but I'm proud right now. I set $1,000 as a milestone for me and I'm so soo glad to have finally hit it.

My granddad gave me £500 last year for my 18th and on full tilt I built a bankroll to $500. Then I decided I would cash out, thinking it would be only a few working days before the money hit my account. Then in the mean time, I deposited like $300 on party poker thinking I am only moving money about because money will come from full tilt. Played a bit on party and then all of a sudden tilted and ended up doing a martingale trying to chase my winnings. Lost all of the money i deposited on Party poker. Then what do you know, Black Friday, havent seen the money since. Since i had spent some of the £500 i had only £50 left in my account and felt really ashamed with myself.

Took a break from poker for a few months. Then i found i had £10 on Betfair from what i used for betting before. Found the games were beatable but ended up losing my bankroll because I wasnt good enough to beat the rake. Ended up depositing £20 which is like $30 and thought id give it one last go. Played again and was about breakeven before I got down to $10. Only then it dawned on me that I should be paying a lower percentage rake. So then I took final shots at the $3.30 30man tourneys - lost the first one, then won the second one for $32.40. Next night i played again and after losing a few I won 2 in a row and was up to $85.

At this point I found this promotion - Team Betfair wants you. I thought it looked cool and earned enough points to qualify and what do you know I come 5th and then got $10 a day for 60days effectively $600. This then gave me the freedom to play the $3.30 tourneys and since I came 5th I have been playing them. Then when the $10 a day ended I found myself with like $800 i think and was like well I'm not really sure if I'm good enough yet to move up stakes so I'll just keep on playing till i build a 100BI bankroll for $3.30 then I'll withdraw the $600 and get my money bank in my account. So $600 +$330 = $930 round it up and $1000 become my target.

Today I hit that and finally am able to enjoy the money my granddad gave me for my birthday 1 year and a month on :L.

This was more about me just getting out my emotions to enjoy my success because there's not many people i can talk about poker with. Anyway thanks for reading and good luck.

:D
  • 14 replies