UTG+1: $10.00
      MP: $15.30
      CO: $16.02
      BTN: $20.05
      Hero (SB): $21.53
      BB: $8.04

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $2.60, fold

villain was playing 28/13/9

As you can see from stats he was 3 betting a lot, it was blind on blind and i had blockers so i thought it was a good spot for a 4 bet bluff, was my sizing okay?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Castle93,

I can just assume the 9 to be a 3bet. :D Nothing about sample size or anything and why do you make so small? You practically min-raise. If you are going to 4bet then at least make it normal size which would be 2,5xBB.

And without any specific information or dynamics I'd just fold it. He ain't even playing with full stack which could also mean that he is going broke looser.

Best Regards.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      you think? if hes 3 betting 9% of hands, hes gotta be doing it light which means he aint going broke that a lot of his 3 bets, and i see what you mean by small but can he call for the odds still? with his stack
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Castle93
      you think? if hes 3 betting 9% of hands, hes gotta be doing it light which means he aint going broke that a lot of his 3 bets, and i see what you mean by small but can he call for the odds still? with his stack
      Most likely that kind of player would do that. :) Well, 3bet doesn't tell me much unless I have specific sample size on him, with just 50 hands there is not much to do and only dynamics are important.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      p.s im dying to know about this begginner coaching session tomorrow :P gotta loads of time to play poker now so got quite a few hands for hand coaching tomorrow as well
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      p.s im dying to know about this begginner coaching session tomorrow :P gotta loads of time to play poker now so got quite a few hands for hand coaching tomorrow as well
      I will announce it tomorrow, I need some sleep now. :D
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Most likely that kind of player would do that. :) Well, 3bet doesn't tell me much unless I have specific sample size on him, with just 50 hands there is not much to do and only dynamics are important.

hmm 128 hands, is that too small?

i get 50 hands, at one point in my session today i was playing like 32/27 :f_biggrin: just because i was running really hot of hands
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, even 128 hands ain't a good sample, mainly would depend how we see the opponent and if he is capable of fighting back against us.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      I will announce it tomorrow, I need some sleep now. :D

tbh i could use some sleep im out tomorrow night in town, first night out since i got back from uni couple days ago so could probably use some before that :P night mate