Ongame calculating various stuff...

• Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Hi all,

As there was a lot of controversy this week around the Ongame rake race, I thought it was a good time to share my experience with Ongame (and Betfair) in particular.
      First I would like to state that I know Pokerstrategy isnt responsible for the delay in the rake race results, and unlike other memebers i don't place any guilt on them.

So there is this SNG leaderboard thing, that is the main reason many people play SNG's on betfiar. The prizes are given on weekly basis. For the last week when I checked it on 23rd of march -(and was checking my progress the whole week) it stated "Up to 22 March (the last day from the particular week) 4xxx points (4k+ points) 7th place". I decided to check it on 24th as well just in case and saw that suddenly "up to 22 March " I had"1983 points 20th place" which is by a good margin different than their last updates. The funny thing is that with the volume i put the last week if I really had only 1983 points I should have went broke ^^. I imediatelly wrote an email to both the Bulgarian and English representatives for Betfair to ask how this could be possible, and dor them to at least give me some explanation about the discrepancy.
      I got "We havent received a notification that there is a problem with the weekly leaderboard, so we think it is correct" from the Bulgarian representatives. Oh really? You sure? They posted the results as final, so are you sure they did not send you an email that says "the results we posted as final are incorrect".Could you please check your inbox again?

I got nothing from the English representatives yet.

Thank you very much Betfair support You are TEH best!
  • 8 replies
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Let's all move to Stars! Ongame with their calculations is a joke these days.
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Well, it really baffles me that I can send a query to the support, that I think they have a mistake, and without checking anything they say, we think everything is correc, we haven't heard that there should be problems...
      The least they could do is explain why they have huge discrepancies in their calculation.
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Although I do agree that Betfair support sucks, they did correct the results once when I wrote them an email about a discrepancy in the results. I wrote them something like "My total number of points was wrong bla bla bla" but I also mentioned the results as they should be according to my own calculations.

Don't know if you have done that as well, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Well after I send them a second email, using a very sharp tone, I would say , they said it is currently being checked. To be honest I never manually calculated my points, but I have a good sense in what orbit should my score be given my volume and how i ran.And the sole fact that they changed my points, cuttign them in half should at least give ground for me to expect some explanation.
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear about your troubles guys. Hope you will sort it out soon!

My own experience with Ongame? I'm just clearing this bonus and after playing for over a half year there and I will have no regret to move to another room. Support, rake calculations and the soft suck a big time ...
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Ok, the fixed it, It took 3 emails and almost an oath from my side that I believe they are wrong to verify the results. I am grateful that this happened.
      So i guess I have to really check my results for this leaderboard daily now...
    • nadichka
      nadichka
      Bronze
      In Ongame you should check everything twice a day :D
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I'm just glad you got it sorted out Gavron, even if it took a little time and persuasion. Nice one. :)

Regards,

Mal.