Pre-set time when you call it quits?

• Heitzenizer
      Hi. Made the same post in the Swedish forum, although I was hoping for some more insight.

I'm just curious if you have a specific time during the day/night where you stop playing and quit for the day.

Started wondering if it's common, since everyday at midnight, server-time, there's usually around 9-10 PLO10 tables open where I play. However, when the clock turns to 00:00, one or two players on every table leaves. Some tables die as a result of this, and suddenly I'm left sitting at all the tables still operating.
      My initial thought, was that it might be bot's, which are programmed to do so. however, it's a mix of reg and random fish.
      Thought I'll analyze it more thorough tomorrow though.

So how do you do when you play? Do you have a time where you just shut down, no matter of the results? Or have you experienced something similar like this on other levels/sites? Is it a good idea to have a set time, or is it more cons then pros?

Discuss... :)
  • 6 replies
    • nathanrenard
      I always do 75-90 minutes sessions with 15 minutes of break.

Although i keep track of my results during sessions i do not let them change my line of thought and my sessions timing.

Everyday i quit playing exactly at 2:00 a.m. If it was a "bad day" so be it, if im feeling good and playing great too. Reason is i am aware that if i push too hard im going to stop playing my A game for simply being tired and starting to lose focus considerably.

Also, try to forget about if you are hot/cold if that may affect your gameplay. Setting timespans for playing is a great way to keep yourself disciplined to the game and avoid addiction.
    • datsmahname
      I play 90 minute sessions with a variable break time. Usually 2-3 sessions on days when I play.

^that's a good site to set up set times. For me playing long is never a problem. Its that I don't play long enough. The timer helps.
    • Heitzenizer
      How long breaks do you take? Is it like a pee break, or dinner break or maybe a movie break?

I usually play a morning session of around 4 hours straight, since that's the peak hours in Europe. I play until the tables start to break up. Then on the afternoon here, or morning in Europe, I play another 2-3 hours, depending on the traffic, before I hit the sack.

I've never used a set time, I just stop when I feel tired in the evening and stop when there's no more tables in the morning.
    • Hackett77
      I usualy do 4 or 5 90 minute session a day. I dont like play longer as my focus drops a little.

If after that time though there is a huge whale on a table and I dont want to leave because of him ill just shut down all other tables and focus on him until he has gone.
    • conall88
      I timebox normally. "I'm going to play from 9pm-11pm, and I will end session within 5 minutes of 11pm, and no later."

Rule applies whether I lose 10BI or gain 10BI or w/e
    • gadget51
      If tables are full of regs it's time for me to go, whatever time that may be, I'm too lazy to fight for a couple of bb while they sit around trying to trap each other, playing pass the parcel with the blinds.