This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR 74o in the BB

• Borr
      Borr
      Bronze
      I played the hand below on 888 without specific info on many of the players as i only just joined the table.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.10
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB (Hero):
      $0.80
      UTG1:
      $0.64
      UTG2:
      $1.98
      MP1:
      $3.78
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $2.52

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 7.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 8, 6, 2 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.1) 5 (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, BU folds, SB folds.

River: ($0.3) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, MP2 calls $0.22.

Final Pot: $0.74.

My thought process:

preflop: 5way limp, I check from the BB. Nothing wrong with that i guess.
      flop: I have a gutshot out of position. My plan is to check/fold, or call if the bet is small. Against 4 other players i don't think i can lead out here.
      turn: I hit, have a low straight and get a flushdraw. I lead out for value expecting to get called by flushdraws, or raised by a higher straight. <-- may not be correct?
      There is one caller.
      river: offsuite ace. I am still wary of the higher straight and I decide to raise/fold.

Is there a better play on the river? Would you suggest to raise/call, or check/call?

Thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • Alesh123
      Alesh123
      Bronze
      On turn i will bet more for protection.
      There are still flushdraw and straith draw, who will call that 1/2 pot bet.
      But i have no idea if i will be raised on turn..
      I am affraid of flush more than straith.

Best regards,
      Alesh
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think you can overbet the Pot to like 15-17cents. If you get raised, you can comfortably fold as he will have a flush often.

then on the River, I bet like 40-50% as he A is a scare card for his range that you still get value from.

Again on the RIver, I fold on a raise

Best regards,
      Gerv