This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AQs

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $5.07
      CO: $5.99
      BTN: $5.94
      Hero (SB): $5.68
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $8.49

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:club: A:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95, 2 players) 4:spade: A:diamond: 5:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.45, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.45, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.84 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.58 and is all-in

BTN 23/19/2/6/WTSD 19/ WSD 100 over 142
      CO 29/24/2/7/ATS 50/ FST3b 100 over 52

BTN's CC/C3b range should be something like this:
      JJ-22,AQs-AJs,AQo

On the flop I'm almost 3to1 favorite against his range. What he will call cbet with? I think something like this:
      JJ-99,55-44,AQs,AQo

On the turn, I check And he checks back. I don't think he would check back with a set. Although we already have less left than pot size, but he will have to bet almost full size pot on the river if he wants to go all in. Even 1/3 bet on the turn would make going broke against me much easier.
      Therefore, I don't see sets in his range very often:

JJ-TT,AQs,AQo
      This is his range on the river. I check, and he pushes. It could be strangely played set, it could be busted draw, even if I didn't include them in his range, because it's 3bet pot, but who knows. Maybe his turning his TT or JJ into bluff?

I think my decision on the table was right. It's easy to say, now then I know what he had :D At the table I thought for almost all my time bank.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

If you are turning your hand into bluff-catcher like this I would never fold it on river. Pretty standard play. :) What do you think he is repping there? Would he ever Check behind an Ace?

Best Regards.