Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $1,02
      Hero:
      $3,12

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , Q:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,23) K:diamond: , Q:spade: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,18, MP2 calls $0,18.

Turn: ($0,59) T:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,59) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,59, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $0,59

is the fold on the river too thight?

should i rather b/f the river?

cheers,
      yaku
  • 2 replies
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Why did you check the turn ? If you bet and get raised you would fold.You have position!The board is scary for you but it 's the same scary for your opponent if he doesn't have a good hand.Would he call a bet for a gutshot on flop ?

With a turn bet.

1)you can make even a straight to fold or not bet the river because of the flush if he calls your bet.
      2)If you get raised you know you are behind.
      3)Maybe a weaker hand will call you like an A :spade: and if another :spade: wouldn't come to the river you are ahead.He will check again and you check also.
      4)You can complete a full house with your 4 outs and you will have the almost nuts.I think you will be paid full stack against a straight or better from a flush.

My suggestion.
      1)Bet/fold turn
      2)fold to a donk bet / check behind river

IMO =)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaku,

Against his stack there is difficult to Bet the turn anyways. Therefore I like your line and most likely would have played the same way. He could easily be shipping the turn with worse and we will have tough time to continue. If we do bet then we should also plan to play for the stacks.

Best Regards.