NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.96)
      BB ($9.99)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($7.30)
      CO ($9.73)
      Hero ($11.44)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.65) A:heart: 3:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.82, Hero calls $0.82, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($3.29) A:heart: 3:spade: 9:diamond: Q:diamond:

CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $2.10, CO calls $2

RIVER ($7.49) A:heart: 3:spade: 9:diamond: Q:diamond: 2:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $8.02 (AI), CO calls $6.31 (AI)

Stats
      UTG+1 64/7 44 hands
      CO 63/0 41 hands

providing that I raise bigger on the turn (so he's left with less money on the river), is there value in a river push against such villain? Or you would choose an entirely different line?

Thank you in advance :)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Clickbox,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Rather raise the flop cause raising the turn will look a lot stronger and they might even fold a lot weaker hands time to time. But yeah, as played vs that kind of Bet size I would have played the same way.

Best Regards.
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      Thanks! :)

So do I understand it correctly that you would also push the river here in this case? I didn't raise the flop, because I was going to calldown (and also intended to keep the other fish in the pot), with his tiny bet on the turn I had to raise though.
      Would you prefer to raise somewhere in this hand assuming that villain decides to bet all streets half pot (for instance)? If we raise the flop (like you said in your post), would we just call if he shoves? Is it reasonable to assume that he'd stack off with any Ax on the flop?

While I'm not really a big fan of going broke with TPs in raised pots, I kinda like the flop raise here (only downside is that the other fish will probably fold, whereas if I just call, he might also come along with some random 2nd pair). If I assume that he's going to call my river push with any Ax (which is pretty much what I need for that push to be really profitable), then it's also reasonable to assume that he'd be willing to stack off on the flop with them, and seeing how most of the turn or river cards will remove some of the Ax combos I beat on the flop (and thus probably decreasing my equity against his overall range), it makes sense to get it in on the flop.

I wouldn't be too happy to fold out the other fish though, since there are so many worse hands that he could come along with. I'm also not sure how strong CO's flop donkbet range is in a 3-way pot, so I thought I'd be a little bit more careful and keep in some of the worse hands or bluffs at the same time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Against that kind of station-like opponent I wouldn't even mind but of course we could also just consider Checking behind while there are still couple of 2pair combos which could beat us. Although wouldn't be play them more aggressive?