[NL20-NL50] [sh] 25 KK OOP on A high flop

• DeMarcohsp
      BTN: $25.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 8, AF: 1.1, Hands: 184

Hero (UTG): $27.83 -

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: K :club:
      Hero raises to $0.87, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.87, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.09) 4 :diamond: Q :heart: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.09) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.60, BTN calls $3.60

River: ($12.29) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.27, Hero calls $7.27

In the hand I only expected villain to have AJ/AQ/AK but I think this is a mistake. I should expect villain to have lots of AXs and ATo might also be in his range. Is this more accurate? I'd assume that if this is the case we should snap fold river and prolly give up on the turn as he does not look like a very aggro player either.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Well, doesn't make sense to CB the flop and then give up the turn. Rather turn your hand into bluff-catcher on the flop and let him bet with worse. If he is a passive guy and if he even Checks the flop we can always Bet the turn ourselves.

Although as played well, you just beat missed FD, but could he have them and could he play even this way? Most likely myself I'd be rather Check/Fold here vs passive opponent.

Best Regards.
    • KillerFishes
      Hi DeMarcohsp,

I'd just add some more info we should notice.

1) Do we even have profitable second barrel here against 15/11?

The problem is we block KdXd combinations. We probably don't get call by Qx, unless it's Qxdd, however, there is not a lot of these combos, right?
      QJ,QT (2combos) ...

I'd say he's most likely calling with Ax here. And we just don't get enough times call by worse hands since we block his drawing range ...

And the river is just donating ... No sense of calling ... He's most likely on something like AJhh,AThh ...