FTP news at 7pm uk time today?

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      What do you think? :

http://twitter.com/#!/igamingpost/status/184682376922804224

^^^copy paste whole link, didnt link properly for some reasson :/ ^^^

i figure this to be one of 3 things:

1) Recyled news with lots of over hype (bastards if so)

2) Confirmation deal has been complete (surely PS, P5's etc would also have this news then?)

3) it's mega news like "FTP is back online NOW...start playing!" (not totaly far fetched as rumors sugest they could be back online by 1st April)

tbh though i think it's going to be let down news (hype over no news).

What do you make of this?
  • 20 replies
    • ArtisSkirpa
      ArtisSkirpa
      Bronze
      Obv hype over no news, as usual. I'm optimistic about the whole situation, but it'll take time.
    • farrellwi
      farrellwi
      Bronze
      nothing new but i sure bloody hope i'm wrong
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      My friends works in FTP and has been sitting there and doing nothing everyday sience they have been closed. Head office is in Dublin as u know.

They layed off some people, but others waiting it to re-open and he say that they have buyer selected and just waiting to finish deal off, but when exacly even they do not know there, but he say that it WILL happen. too big brand to let it go waste
    • ArtisSkirpa
      ArtisSkirpa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      My friends works in FTP and has been sitting there and doing nothing everyday sience they have been closed. Head office is in Dublin as u know.

They layed off some people, but others waiting it to re-open and he say that they have buyer selected and just waiting to finish deal off, but when exacly even they do not know there, but he say that it WILL happen. too big brand to let it go waste
      Has he heard about the whole Tapie thing going on?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArtisSkirpa
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro

Has he heard about the whole Tapie thing going on?
      LOL.
    • ferretboy69
      ferretboy69
      Bronze
      can't see any info?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ferretboy69
      can't see any info?
      This!
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      can't see any info?
      The pre-announced news is about the AGCC's report on FTP situation and how they handled the whole license thing and how they are have no blame whatsoever. Seen that news yesterday on another site, no real news actually... and not new... :facepalm:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      can't see any info?
      The pre-announced news is about the AGCC's report on FTP situation and how they handled the whole license thing and how they are have no blame whatsoever. Seen that news yesterday on another site, no real news actually... and not new... :facepalm:
      Meh, back to Zoom so :D
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
    • MrS212i
      MrS212i
      Bronze
      "A rumor is going around that Facebook is buying Full Tilt Poker. I don’t know if this is true or not but I doubt it is actually Facebook. If this were at all true, it would be Peter Thiel who is one of the original founders of Paypal, original investor in Facebook, and investor in Zynga Poker. It is possible that Bernard Tapie was the broker for the deal. "
    • MrS212i
      MrS212i
      Bronze
      I have faith that FTP will be re-opening soon :s_confused:
      They have to do it asap..I think if it has been closed for longer than a year, then it will be very hard to gain trust in the site, even with their nice software!
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darrenrudolph
      I have faith that FTP will be re-opening soon :s_confused:
      They have to do it asap..I think if it has been closed for longer than a year, then it will be very hard to gain trust in the site, even with their nice software!
      They've lost it already. 9 months or 12+ won't make a difference. And I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    • mihainsts
      mihainsts
      Bronze
      Here we are on the 1st of April 2012 and no sign of FTP getting up on his legs.
      What a boomer , but what can we say maybe April fools?
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      I'm slowly losing my patience with this deal. I have been a very optimistic person in regard to this subject, but the latest lack of action is becoming to much! it was about three weeks ago tapie made a press release saying "the deal will be signed by next Friday latest". Here we are STILL waiting for an anouncment its been signed! FFS!!!
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      I'm slowly losing my patience with this deal. I have been a very optimistic person in regard to this subject, but the latest lack of action is becoming to much! it was about three weeks ago tapie made a press release saying "the deal will be signed by next Friday latest". Here we are STILL waiting for an anouncment its been signed! FFS!!!
      Not the first time this has happened, it's going on since november,since then every single statement was "deal to be signed soon" , and yet here we are in april and nothing of consequence has happened.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
    • mkirby
      mkirby
      Bronze
      bastards,wankers pricks,cunts,slags
      anyone + everyone to do with fulltilt
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArtisSkirpa
      Obv hype over no news, as usual. I'm optimistic about the whole situation, but it'll take time.
      +1

For me i would rather hear no news whatsoever until the final cut. In this kind of situation, no news are usually good news.