This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SSS two pair on turn with flush draw

• Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Did i play it right ? I know i won but i'm not sure about this hand

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.43 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9:heart: , 8:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0,10.
      2 folds, Hero checks, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO calls $0,10, BU calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,50) A:heart: , 5:heart: , 9:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,50) 8:heart: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,60, 2 folds, BU calls $0,60, SB folds, BB calls $0,60.

River: ($2,30) 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $2,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (9:heart: 8:spade:)
      BB shows a straight, nine high (7:club: 6:spade:)
      BU shows two pairs, nines and eights (9:club: 8:club:)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (9:heart: 8:spade:)
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Never limp 98o in 10 handed game. You can´t call re-raise, your hand is often dominated by overpairs, you´re playing oop and there are 8 people to act behind you.
      No need to overbet the turn 0,5 or 0,4$ is fine amount and you´re get called anyway A high or flushdraw/flush. And you should fold if someone re-raise, so you´re getting the same information in lower price.
      I like your check on the river, someone could easily hold higher flush and hard to imagine that someone would call with weaker hand on the river.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Thanks for info, and i'm glad i didn't do anything totaly stupid. I didn't limp but payed bb for entering the game so I was on freeplay (i think).
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      wait for the BB.