$1.55
      UTG1:
      $1.90
      UTG2:
      $2.46
      MP1:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, Q.
      5 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 5, 9, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12, CO calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.42) 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20.

River: ($1.02) 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB raises to $1.21, CO folds, Hero calls $1.01.

Final Pot: $3.44.
      Results follow:

BB shows a straight, nine high(6 8).
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and nines(9 Q).

BB wins with a straight, nine high(6 8).

Start off with a questionable limp. Hit a semi-miracle flop except for the clubs. Immediately my train of thought is I'd be happy just taking this down now and make an overbet of twice the pot, surprised to get both callers and I'm ready to throw my cards away if another club appears.

The not so good 5 appears, but its not a club so I'm happy to bet half pot (I know veriz has been telling me to bet 2/3 pot, i'm working on it!). Again, both call.

Final card looks like I dodged a bullet with another non club card. To explain the small turn bet, It's because I saw that CO had 20 cents left. I thought there was a chance it'd look like a bluff, and get both callers again. BB shoves and I snap call. The possibility of a straight on this board didn't even occur to me.

I'm not complaining about the results. It happens. I'm just looking feedback for my flop play. Was the overbet a bad idea? Was the limping in small blind a bad idea?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KiroLiro,

Preflop: I don't even mind if you have bad players in the hand to complete such a hand. Isolating is out of question because of CO stack.
      Flop: I do agree about even overbetting here and I don't mind at all.
      Turn: Although I don't understand why do you Bet so small here? You are just giving him great odds for a Call. Even if we are multwiay I would still continue with normal Bet size. But that's good that your realize the mistake yourself. :)

As played
      River: Also if you plan to Bet it here then most likely I'd plan to Bet/Fold it. Such smaller bets are as block-bets which means we plan to fold if we get raised. Especially if he raises into multiway pot what do you think he is having there what you beat? Most likely I wouldn't really see many hands while it's also a freeplay pot.

Best Regards.