BB: $10.00
      UTG: $23.92
      UTG+1: $25.34
      MP: $49.97
      MP+1: $16.01
      CO: $18.94

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:diamond: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.70, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.70, fold, Hero raises to $3.10, fold, fold, UTG raises to $7.40, fold, fold

i think that i made a mistake in this example. I should flat there and play it in multiway pot. What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Imo flatting is not the best play. You miss too often and there are too many money in the pot to play straight forward. I think 18/14 would 4-bet there AK/QQ and sometimes also 4-bet bluffs AQ/AJ, so I would prefer shoving or (sometimes folding) rather than calling

Best regards,
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      hmmm... I don't like the idea of playing for stacks with UTG range :(
      Maybe I'm resulted oriented right now but even on NL10 I would just fold vs 4B.

I thought that if I don't want to play for stack so why I decided to squeeze him?
      With AKo I wouldn't have any doubts because it isn't great to play in multiway pot. AKs playable postflop is much better in multiway so burn a hand when I squeeze it.

So if you don't want to play for stack i should just flat there...
      don't you think so?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Well, I wouldn't even mind the flat-call here while we keep his range wide and at the same time the hand is perfectly well played postflop. We also have position. :)

Although as we 3bet there and he seems to be still 4betting there often enough I wouldn't even mind to play for the stacks. I mean the guy has been 4betting over 50% of his hands which he opened from the UTG. He could easily think that we are squeezing light and therefore goes for 4bet. But of course folding ain't wrong here either if you doubt that he is 4betting with a lot worse.

Best Regards.