This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, 66 call vs 3b.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1705802
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $19.70
      CO: $3.22
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $7.14

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 6 :club: 6 :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1.05, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.20) 8 :spade: 4 :heart: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.05, SB raises to $8.95, Hero folds

Villain has a high 3b from the blinds(10% sb and 11% BB) and he has been playing very aggressively vs 4bets. So my plan here was that 66 probably cant take a shove here but i think vs his bluffing range pre i can call here ip and take it down on good boards. Also i have the chance to catch a set vs him.

So on this flop his range does not hit very well. Ax bluffs might have hit, but AJ+ and KQ, and most part of his bluffs hasnt. I also expect him to c.bet 100% of his range here. Even though i didnt hit i raise here. with my sizing i only have to take it down less than 50% of the time and i think that is very possible vs his wide 3betting range.

When he shoves i obv fold.

What do you think of my plan here? I think preflop is very marginal and in retrospect if he fights back alot of 4 bets i would widen my 4betting range to TT+ and AQs and just call of his shoves. Instead of calling 66 pre.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Sample size is very important here and then we can continue with the play or how to adjust. :) Of course your play can be possibility done but it's usually only with very good sample and good reads not just randomly against a guy on whom we have maybe 100 hands. :P Then come dynamics into hand and what happened on the tables and how he saw you.

Best Regards.