IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1705802
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $19.70
      CO: $3.22
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $7.14

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 6 :club: 6 :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1.05, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.20) 8 :spade: 4 :heart: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.05, SB raises to $8.95, Hero folds

Villain has a high 3b from the blinds(10% sb and 11% BB) and he has been playing very aggressively vs 4bets. So my plan here was that 66 probably cant take a shove here but i think vs his bluffing range pre i can call here ip and take it down on good boards. Also i have the chance to catch a set vs him.

So on this flop his range does not hit very well. Ax bluffs might have hit, but AJ+ and KQ, and most part of his bluffs hasnt. I also expect him to c.bet 100% of his range here. Even though i didnt hit i raise here. with my sizing i only have to take it down less than 50% of the time and i think that is very possible vs his wide 3betting range.

When he shoves i obv fold.

What do you think of my plan here? I think preflop is very marginal and in retrospect if he fights back alot of 4 bets i would widen my 4betting range to TT+ and AQs and just call of his shoves. Instead of calling 66 pre.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Sample size is very important here and then we can continue with the play or how to adjust. :) Of course your play can be possibility done but it's usually only with very good sample and good reads not just randomly against a guy on whom we have maybe 100 hands. :P Then come dynamics into hand and what happened on the tables and how he saw you.

Best Regards.