Explanation thread

• tomthebom28
      tomthebom28
      Bronze
      I'm new and i'd like to know what kinds of software there are, what's the difference between them and how they work, and what would you recommend. Some terms just aren't clear to me and I don't think i'm the only one. I guess i'm just a big fish :f_biggrin:

For example what is:

:heart: HUD
      :heart: HEM
      :heart: Elephant
      :heart: table ninja
      :heart: pokertracker

I'd be very thankfull for your help :)
  • 6 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      • HUD: Heads Up Display -- shows opponents stats on the table while you are playing poker
      • HEM: a tracking program and HUD. version 2 has been released but is not yet stable.
      • Elephant: a tracking program that is no longer supported.
      • TableNinja(TN): a table window manager. they have tons of videos explaining what it does
      • PokerTracker(PT3/PT4): a tracking program and HUD. 3 is currently released 4 is in public beta.

You can download HEM2 and PT3 and PT4 for free. HEM1 is no longer for sale. The released versions have trials and PT4 is currently free during public beta.

Since poker is a game of information most people agree that having a tracker and HUD is a benefit.
    • tomthebom28
      tomthebom28
      Bronze
      Thanks mate, that's very helpful, I guess i'm gonna download TN and HEM2 soon :s_biggrin:
    • tomthebom28
      tomthebom28
      Bronze
      Once i have such a program, can i use it for all poker rooms? Can i use it when i use an other computer?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Holdemmanager supports the following sites/networks:
      http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/521/Supported+Sites+-+Minimum+PC+Specs

Tableninja is only available for Stars and Party Poker.

Your license is valid for 2 of your computers at the same time. If you need to replace one of the computers you can reset your license in your account on http://www.holdemmanager.com
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomthebom28
      Once i have such a program, can i use it for all poker rooms?
      HEM doesn't support Enet and Wining/Yatahay.
      PT doesn't support PKR.

Otherwise they either both support a room or both don't. Pretty much any room in the top 20 of PokerScout is supported.
    • tomthebom28
      tomthebom28
      Bronze
      Are PT and HEM useful for MTT's or are there other programs for that.