PokerStars or WPT?

• XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Silver
      Hi all,

I'm asking for your opinion on this: From April I am about to start grinding NL25 and currently contemplating between staying on Stars and chasing Supernova or moving to Wpt poker for FDB, gemstone and other promotions. So I made a list with pros and cons between these two but still undecided.

Pokerstars

+ reaching Supernova ~40% rakeback
      + best software, security & instant withdrawals
      + multitabling and gameselection

- tough competition thus higher variance
      - no bonus to clear and low rakeback until Supernova (up to 26% Platinum star)

WPT

+ 500 $/€/£ First deposit bonus (33% rakeback)
      + instant VIP upgrade and 100% up to $1000 promotion
      + Gemstone & TOP 250 promotions
      + softer competition

- worse software compared to Pokerstars
      - multitabling and gameselestion not as good as @Pokerstars
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you also move up, the games kind of dry up on NL100 unless you are good enough to crush regs on WPT from what I know.

That said, Supernova is not worth 40% RB either so you get less RB. It's about 30% actually! It can even be less if you spend FPPs on GoldStar and PlatinumStar bonus!! Take the conversion of FPPs to $$$ into account!

If you play normal tables I think WPT at first and then switch to Stars if you can't get good enough RB or enough action on Party network. If you want Zoom.. well... only Stars has Zoom. NL25 of WPT is very fishy and NL50 as well. Haven't played NL100 there, it's only what I heard.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey XandreW36,

We have a thread here called " Choosing the right Poker Room for you! " Post what you wish to find out and the Team will get back to you ASAP with the room they think is best suited for you :)
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi XandreW36,

I have played around 50k hands on Pokerstars from 50-200nl and can safely say its one of the tougher networks out there. The VIP system isnt too bad and works out between 20-30% depending on what you spend your points on.

I haven't played on WPT personally but from the feedback of others it is known to be softer. The software looked good enough to 6-8 table when I was watching a friend play on there.

If you wanted to grind out rake playing 10+ tables then PokerStars will be best, but if your goal is to move up and start beating higher limits then 4-8 tabling WPT is going to be better for you.

The FDB will help a lot along with the instant VIP upgrade

Best of luck

Calllum
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Silver
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey XandreW36,

We have a thread here called " Choosing the right Poker Room for you! " Post what you wish to find out and the Team will get back to you ASAP with the room they think is best suited for you :)
      I have posted my question there and you have recommended William Hill, but I have forgot to mention that I already have account there and that I pretty much dislike IPoker network. Should have explained better :)
      But I've made up my mind now, let it be WPT ;)

@CallumN & EmanuelC16

Thank you guys for input, it really helped...