This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo 2nd nut flush NL5 Zoom FR

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i seriously just wanted to call on the notion he has the 9 of spades. but alas i reraise all in for value... ;)

PokerStars - $0.05 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $4.88
      SB: $5.93
      BB: $8.43
      UTG: $7.52
      Hero (UTG+1): $9.63
      MP: $2.84
      MP+1: $4.95
      LP: $5.57
      CO: $9.67

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 3 players) 7:spade: 8:spade: Q:club:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.45, 3 players) T:spade:
      SB bets $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.30

River: ($1.65, 2 players) 6:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB raises to $2.18, i say, "do you have a 9?" he declines to answer, so i make him pay. Hero raises to $8.88 and is all-in, SB calls $3.00 and is all-in

Hero shows K:heart: A:spade: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 65%, Flop 26%, Turn 34%)
      SB shows J:spade: Q:diamond: (Flush, Jack High) (Pre 35%, Flop 74%, Turn 66%)
      Hero wins $11.51
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Turn: Why do you raise? Why do you min-raise?

As played
      River: Well, if he declines to answer then it means he doesn't have the 9, nice logic. What you are hoping that he tells you: "Yes, I have the 9"? :D But overall I wouldn't mind to ship it cause he could also even have Q/K which may overplay but now again he has to be really bad. :) Therefore you have to watch out for that.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      hehehe i played the river with my emotion there once i realized i only had 2nd nuts. i guess me talking made him call though, because he snap called me with Js lol.

On the turn I min raise for a tiny bit of fold equity and to sweeten up my implied odds if he just calls, I hit flush or str8 or pair my A or K on the river. I guess looking at my equity on the turn (34%) i might have had odds to just call his bet or even fold on the turn if i was feeling nitty?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, just a raise on the flop definitely doesn't make sense. :D You ain't going to achieve much with it.