[NL2-NL10] QQ NL5 FR Zoom fairly deepstacked

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      this is one of those bet/fold situations and also had reason to c/c blank river here:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $9.36
      SB: $8.09
      Hero (BB): $7.09
      UTG: $10.14
      UTG+1: $5.23
      MP: $8.03
      MP+1: $6.51
      LP: $16.12
      CO: $16.64

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:

UTG raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, LP calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, LP calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.02, 2 players) 4:heart: 5:heart: 9:spade:
      Hero bets $0.65, LP calls $0.65 very quickly, indicating weak draw or weak made hand.

Turn: ($2.32, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets $1.25, LP calls $1.25 even quicker then i could bet it, indicating weak hand.

River: ($4.82, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero checks on this way ahead/way behind river, LP bets $3.35 INSTANTLY, without even having a chance to evaluate the board., Hero calls $3.35 thinking i have him on a bluff. (AK was my guess, or he was strong with KK. But I cant bet this river for value IMO because I think he is on a draw, and has missed. c/c is my opinion for optimal value here. lose less to their value bets with big hands as well.
      LP shows T:heart: K:heart: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 33%, Flop 46%, Turn 27%)
      Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Nines) (Pre 67%, Flop 54%, Turn 73%)
      Hero wins $11.04
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      think you may be overthinking
      any reads on this guy?
      9x, maybe even 98, 76 or some badly played sets are possible, why not?

still your bets gave good odds for any kind of draw to call on, so it's fair enough to expect him to have a busted draw often
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah i was giving good odds to call wasnt I? I was just thinking with such big stacks maybe he reraises KK and AA preflop. But i was willing to roll the dice on those other shitty 9x hands and he actually couldve hit a set at some point in that hand...but in long run i play this roughly the same if not THE same, every single time vs unknown.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Preflop: While even being deep I don't like your raise size, we have to make it bigger and not give him good odds for set mining.

As played
      Postflop: Would most likely still Bet at least bigger on the turn where you made a pretty small Bet. Although as played on the river it depends a lot on the opponent, we could play Check/Fold and we could at the same time Check/Call. As we would expect him not to Bet that big without having a very strong range he is putting himself into polarized range and therefore might even be possible that he is bluffing.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      That is an issue ive been having. 3betting, and like how much to 3bet. i will definately be posting more 3bet hands for your evaluation :)

thanks,
      magic