How To Easily Incorporate Tells Into Your Game

• albertkasper2012
      albertkasper2012
      Basic
      Utilizing poker tells is an advanced poker strategy that most people don't understand. But how to easily incorporate tells into your game?
  • 3 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      I thought by the title you were going to tell me :f_frown:
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey albert,

Thanks for posting!

I'd say in live poker the best tells to recognize and use to your advantage, are facial expressions and body language - something you should constantly be aware of while at the tables.

In online poker, tells or info are mainly gained from timing and betting patterns, so we must observe our opponents actions in and out of position as well as his re-actions to our decisions. To throw an opponent off, make every decision instantly if you can, or taking the same amount of time for each decision can also make it difficult to tell for an opponent. When we play heads-up, timing seems to be very closely monitored by our subconscious and we get a lot of information from this although we can't recognize where it comes from, those "feelings" you get at the table perhaps?

Just my thoughts, hope it helps.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi albertkasper2012

Maybe it's a good idea to read one of our acticles about live poker: Poker tells - hidden body language

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet