This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AA set IP

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Everest - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $2.11
      UTG: $1.15
      MP: $1.88
      Hero (CO): $2.18
      BTN: $0.61
      SB: $1.94

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.02, MP raises to $0.09, Hero raises to $0.27, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.18
      MP is 36/10/1af/29wts over 64 hands
      preflop should be standard

Flop: ($0.59, 2 players) 3:heart: A:diamond: T:club:
      MP checks, Hero checks
      i actually tanked here
      i mean, i have the deck so crippled, what is going to continue if i bet? and this guy doesn't seem go to showdown that loosely
      so in the end i decided to checkbehind on this relatively safe board - maybe could throw a very small bet, like $.15? i dunno

Turn: ($0.59, 2 players) Q:club:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.42, MP calls $0.42
      now i think i have may have convinced some Tx, PP, Qx type of hands to continue, so i start the betting
      also, the board suddenly gets dangerous - serves me right i guess...

River: ($1.43, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.69, MP calls $0.69
      thankfully this relatively safe river comes, and i ended up with two streets of value.
      could i bet higher, and could i go for three streets?

my own thoughts are - had to bet something on the flop and turn could be slightly higher
  • 2 replies
    • michel2311
      michel2311
      Bronze
      I think you miss value if you play the flop like this. Just bet her 1/2 pot for value and barrel the turn and river. Try to get his stack.

The only time I check here is if I have reads on a villain and know that he is a maniac and bets himself.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

I wouldn't Check the flop but I would rather just make a small Bet. :) We might even induce bluffs from him.

Best Regards.