BTN: $11.15
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $13.45
      UTG: $4.50
      Hero (MP): $10.27
      CO: $23.44

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with K :club: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 2 :spade: A :club: 8 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55) Q :spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($3.15) T :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $3.00, Hero folds

I decide to just flat preflop. Villain is rather tight and if i 3b im just isolating myself vs a stronger range.

So flop is pretty standard. turn aswell.

River is not a good looking card for me. Now when he bets AQ,AT,QQ, KJ(weird bluff) has me beat so i decide to muck the hand. He probably wont shove the river with AJ or worse, KQ would check the turn.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Preflop: Don't like calling against such a stack and also having so many opponents behind you. Didn't even mention much about how the opponent is playing postflop or how you expect to play the hand profitable. The problem is that by just calling and maybe even playing it multiway & hoping for a hit you wont play profitable it. :)

As played
      Postflop: Well, what do you beat on the turn if you said he is a tight opponent? What makes it different on the river what you fold there?

Best Regards.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Pre i call just because he was folding alot to 3b.

Well im not too sure about that he will bet anything worse 3x. I think he is more likely to just bet bet check with any worse ace. And ATs(maybe even ATo) improved otr so instead of betting just 2x he will obv just jam river with that.

And if he is somewhat aware of the board, the T might scare him not to bet for example AJ.

Do you suggest i fold turn or call river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My suggestion most likely would be to fold on the turn without even knowing much about his overall UTG range or playstyle. We can't really beat many hands on the turn, how many combos do you expect to be ahead? He might not even open with AT hands and then on the turn you just beat AJ or some semi-bluffs.