This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 A7s trips vs 3rd barrel

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1707147
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $50.00
      SB: $58.42
      BB: $18.52
      UTG: $56.09
      Hero (CO): $64.69

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 7:spade: A:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) J:heart: 2:club: A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5

River: ($18.75) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $13, Hero calls?

BTN was tightish reg, 20/17 over 1k hands. BTN 3b 4%, call open 8%, fold to cbet 62%, bet in position 60%.

i didnt see much value in betting, best case scenario would have been that i get 1 street of value from like KJ or smth, but since the flop was so dry i could get that on later streets as well. i guess i have to call since my hand is underrepped? though he is tight..
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello urmo1,

Pretty tough actually there. While his call-open is so small I might be towards just giving up the hand and letting have the pot. He has a lot of Ax and even better Ax hands in his range and of course even JJ/22/TT as well. No info about his overall play-style like how aggressive he is.

Best Regards.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Ok, I don't understand why no flop C-Bet if he folds 62% to flop C-Bet? Shouldn't we bet/fold flop? If he calls our C-Bet I'll go for a 2nd barrell but no more than that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Ok, I don't understand why no flop C-Bet if he folds 62% to flop C-Bet? Shouldn't we bet/fold flop? If he calls our C-Bet I'll go for a 2nd barrell but no more than that.
      Both plays are fine, dependent on the opponent and our plan. We can as well turn even our hand into bluff-catcher but then we should also be planning to give up at some point as for example on the river.