[NL2-NL10] NL4; 3handed JJ

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $4.02 (100.5 bb)
      SB: $4.51 (112.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (125 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J J
      BTN raises to $0.12, SB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.72) 5 Q 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.72) T (3 players)
      SB bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54, BTN folds

River: ($1.80) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Results: $3.60 pot ($0.24 rake)
      Final Board: 5 Q 2 T 5
      SB showed K K and won $3.36 ($1.68 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$1.68 net)

Opponents are unknown.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Guess I might even give up on the river, I doubt that he would be bluffing anymore there. :( Turn of course is still fine while he could be even betting there with just overcards but on the river I doubt that he would continue bluffing.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      The bet size on the river to me indicates a medium made hand most of the time (sometimes maybe a bluff even since our opponent could suspect us of having called with a flushdraw on the turn). I do not think villain has a strong hand on the flop since he would cBet for protection with such a hand and maybe only sometimes a flush would slowplay but that is unlikely since he is OOP (the results show that I am wrong but at that particular time in that situation I think that this thinking would apply). Once he bets on the turn I am highly suspicious of a T or even TT maybe. Few other hands make sense (maybe KJ semibluff). Could a call on the river given these assumptions be justified? I think that he is either bluffing or making a thin valuebet most of the time.
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      After your preflop call I think youre ussually behind or just coinflipin. Any Q K or A is a scare card. And even on the flop you have a Jhigh flushdraw which I actually feel as weak since after preflop raise hes ussually representing to have A or K in he hand which can be club in this hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, how many of those hands he has in his range? Even with Ax he has some showdown value cause he ain't making any pairs to fold with such a bet. Neither many KJ hands possible cause you block 2 J. Also it's still a 3bet pot -> could even have traps or whatsoever strong hands.

Also if you think he is betting with Tx then from what he is getting value?
      Bronze
      Ok, I agree with you, thanks!