has the TAG become

• 6 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, diversfx

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't think I understood your question. Are you saying that there are more players that are willing to gamble early in the game and get involved in more postflop situations?
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Bronze
      That's basically right,but not just early. Late stages as well when they should be risk averse.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      You should be very careful in these situations. Especially late game when risk aversion is huge and your opponents don't understand that. I still think that most opponents tighten up on the bubble- fish-because they want to finish ITM and regs- because they understand risk aversion and won't stack off lite. Basically they are doing the same thing, but for a different reason. Still - fish is much more likely to call an all in with AQ,AK, 77-88 type of hands big stack vs big stack on the bubble as they think they are ahead of your range. They might even spite you off if you've been abusing the bubble a lot. Just because they are supposed to fold, doesn't mean they will. Always keep that in mind and adjust. Same applies posflop. You can simply throw away low offsuited Aces and low pairs if the guys yet to act are willing to flat preflop with shallow stacksizes and have hard time postflop folding draws, mid/third pairs. Avoid bluffing fishes on multiway streets imo and raise/cbet becomes expensive if they keep on calling pre with <20-25BB. Go for playability vs fishes when you steal, that means more suited hands and add more blocker effect hands vs regs as that will reduce their re-steal combos + a reg won't flat pre usually in late game. It's a pretty basic discussion overall, so why don't you post some problematic spots, so we can go into details?
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      You should be very careful in these situations. Especially late game when risk aversion is huge and your opponents don't understand that. I still think that most opponents tighten up on the bubble- fish-because they want to finish ITM and regs- because they understand risk aversion and won't stack off lite. Basically they are doing the same thing, but for a different reason. Still - fish is much more likely to call an all in with AQ,AK, 77-88 type of hands big stack vs big stack on the bubble as they think they are ahead of your range. They might even spite you off if you've been abusing the bubble a lot. Just because they are supposed to fold, doesn't mean they will. Always keep that in mind and adjust. Same applies posflop. You can simply throw away low offsuited Aces and low pairs if the guys yet to act are willing to flat preflop with shallow stacksizes and have hard time postflop folding draws, mid/third pairs. Avoid bluffing fishes on multiway streets imo and raise/cbet becomes expensive if they keep on calling pre with <20-25BB. Go for playability vs fishes when you steal, that means more suited hands and add more blocker effect hands vs regs as that will reduce their re-steal combos + a reg won't flat pre usually in late game. It's a pretty basic discussion overall, so why don't you post some problematic spots, so we can go into details?
      Love this post :heart: ! As you was reading my mind.
    • Rufus433
      Rufus433
      Diamond
      Nowadays, it's all about to make +EV moves, so standard just TAG game is a bit old, because players is adjust to that, but the basics is still the same, i think in micros main adjustment is playing BvB or steals, now you can see much more resteals and light calling from blinds. More and more people is good at putting ranges on other players and also very much of them have tracking software which really helps.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Bronze
      "now you can see much more resteals and light calling from blinds."

I think this is very much what is happening.I've seen players trying to re-steal with hands like Q4o and defend blinds with hands like 83s etc.
      Hands that are so easily dominated they we be - EV against the average raise range.