Tiiiiilt

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Another whine thread I guess :/

But that is sooo wrong, I am lost$100 in some 600 hands
      It is so frustrating that every time I raise I am either stealing blinds or loosing big time, every time I hit pair someone gets two pairs or set, every time I hit set, someone gets straight or flush .. And on top of that the table is full of donkeys that make stupid bets/calls and I still suffer suckouts. The last game that send me copletely on tilt was this:

Known players:
      Hero:
      $15.00
      SB:
      $10.17
      MP3:
      $14.81
      UTG+2:
      $4.15

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.43 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , 5:heart:
      UTG+2 calls $0.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.80) 6:heart: , Q:spade: , Q:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.40, MP3 folds, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.00) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.20, Hero raises to $2.20, UTG+2 calls $1.80, SB folds.

River: ($6.80) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, UTG+2 raises to $1.35 (All-In).

Final Pot: $9.55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Q:club: 5:heart:)
      UTG+2 shows a full-house, nines full of queens (9:club: 9:heart:)

UTG+2 wins with a full-house, nines full of queens (9:club: 9:heart:)

I know it was not like the best game ever but hitting 2-outer on river was bad ..

Ok, after reviewing this game I understand the need to take a break ..

Known players:
      Hero:
      $19.40
      MP1:
      $9.21
      BB:
      $10.54

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.43 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, BB raises to $1.20, MP1 calls $1.00, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.60) T:club: , 9:spade: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $5.00, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $18.20 (All-In), BB raises to $9.34 (All-In).

Turn: ($31.14) 4:club:
      River: ($31.14) 3:club:

Final Pot: $31.14

Hero shows high card queen with jack kicker (Q:spade: J:diamond:)
      BB shows a flush, king high (A:diamond: K:club:)

BB wins with a flush, king high (A:diamond: K:club:)
  • 7 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Well, I just tried SSS'ing, in course of 2 hours my KK, QQ, 99 and AQ run into AA .. it's just unbelievable :/

And another suckout:

Known players:
      Hero:
      $4.30
      BB:
      $4.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.80, 7 folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.70) 3:club: , 4:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.00, Hero raises to $3.50 (All-In), BB raises to $3.20 (All-In).

Villain is aggressive fish, I've seen him doing this with air before. If he has hand, he goes for c/r or c/c

Turn: ($8.40) 6:spade:
      River: ($8.40) A:spade:

Final Pot: $8.40

Results follow:
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and threes (A:diamond: Q:heart:)
      BB shows a flush, ace high (9:spade: 8:spade:)

BB wins with a flush, ace high (9:spade: 8:spade:)

Even if KK vs AA is bad enough, but KK vs AA in this game just kills ..

Known players:
      BB:
      $11.51
      SB:
      $5.25
      BU:
      $3.50
      CO:
      $4.07
      Hero:
      $4.98
      MP2:
      $4.28
      MP1:
      $2.60
      UTG+2:
      $10.00
      UTG+1:
      $21.28

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.00, CO folds, BU raises to $3.50 (All-In), 2 folds, MP2 calls $3.30, Hero raises to $4.98 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.78.

Flop: ($13.06) 8:heart: , 9:heart: , T:heart:

After seeing that I am up against AA and 77, flop is actually very good, one more heart I will be saved
      Turn: ($13.06) K:diamond:

Yaaaay
      River: ($13.06) A:spade:

This really is uggly, you get chance on flop, get saved on turn, and river just hits you in the balls

Final Pot: $13.06

BU shows three of a kind, aces (A:diamond: A:club:)
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (K:heart: K:spade:)
      MP2 shows a pair of sevens (7:spade: 7:club:)

BU wins with three of a kind, aces (A:diamond: A:club:)
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      you play 10 20 cents. Stop complaining about this shit. There are so much worse things in life then losing a few bucks. practice your theory skills do not get frustrated about luck. It won't help you and will only affect your game.

please stick to the boardrules and remain civil.

edited by TribunCaesar
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Fist hand, Q5. Thats poker for you. You can't tilt when your BB limp hand Q5o gets beat.

Second hand. 3,5 BB raise with QJo in the smallblind on a full table? I would fold that. You are going to be out of position for the rest of the hand, and its not that much of a powerhouse to begin with.

Third hand. I'm not the best headsup-player, but I would not shove my stack onto the board with just a high card Ace. That stuff happens alot in headsup. Alot of coinflips. Nothing to tilt about, especially at that limit.

Last hand. Button play is ok, and so is yours. I hope you see this is a part of poker. If you tilt bad at the limit you currently play, I'm sorry, you will probably not make it to the higher ones.

Reread the articles, and follow them. My best advice.

Also, when you do tilt, relax your shoulders, breathe and say "It does not matter, this is poker."

Enough rant from me. Hope it helps.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi armo

first of all: please post your hands in the forum, weher the judges can evaluate them.
      --> here

To be honest: you missplayed some hands. I would suggest you take advantage of the different things we offer. Read the articles, post hands, visit coachings and discuss about strategy with other members.

Hand1: c/r flop or bet flop. broke against the shorty, but fold to a push of the bigstacks
      Hand2: it´s a clear complete, not a raise since you are OOP for the rest of the hand.

Hand3: i would fold on the flop
      Hand4: nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Thanks for responses. Decided to take few days break from poker just to calm down.

ajfonso: it's not about 10/20 cents or loosing few bucks, it just that in 600 hands I had such a bad luck - lots of lost coinflips and running into better hands.

I am posting the hands in BSS thread, that I have doubts about, and I know that my game is far from perfect. The hands that I posted were the ones that really set me off. I know that I played poor game in hands 2 and 3, thats exactly why posted them as a reminder to myself :)
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      You tilt me ajfonso. Stop pretending your good at poker.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sw0ldo
      You tilt me ajfonso. Stop pretending your good at poker.
      oh SNAP