BTN: $10.16
      Hero (SB): $27.39
      BB: $10.80
      UTG: $4.06
      MP: $11.62
      CO: $11.44

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 3 :heart: 3 :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.80) 6 :club: 8 :diamond: T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.40, MP calls $0.85

Turn: ($3.60) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.20, Hero folds

I call pre to setmine

Villain is playing 21/18 over 2.2k hands and his MP open is 17%.

I think his range for opening is 22+ AT+, KJ,T9s+, QJ So by just checkraising here he will have a hard time continuing with his alot of his hands

when he calls i cant really do much, its not a drawy board so its not very ikely he is on some kind of draw. Im guessing he has soething lik TT+ 88 66 AT and maybe 9Js which i will have a hard time getting to fold OTT so i jsut give up here.
  • 3 replies
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      as you said you call pre for set mining, so if you dont hit the flop you have to fold it. I think the call on the flop is waste of money. So you called and on the turn he bets light you could raise/fold here becouse it looks like AQ AK type of hand becouse of the raise preflop and the bet on the turn.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angalius
      as you said you call pre for set mining, so if you dont hit the flop you have to fold it. I think the call on the flop is waste of money. So you called and on the turn he bets light you could raise/fold here becouse it looks like AQ AK type of hand becouse of the raise preflop and the bet on the turn.
      I didnt call the flop i check raised it, read what i wrote next time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Depends a lot what's the MP play style, how often he goes to showdown. But most likely here it's practically a break-even spot to Check/Raise while a lot of his range may continue and by just Check/Raising once and hoping that he folds always is kind of dumb, therefore might even be better just to play fit/fold.

Best Regards.