This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, 33 on 68Tr oop

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1708137
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $10.16
      Hero (SB): $27.39
      BB: $10.80
      UTG: $4.06
      MP: $11.62
      CO: $11.44

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 3 :heart: 3 :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.80) 6 :club: 8 :diamond: T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.40, MP calls $0.85

Turn: ($3.60) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.20, Hero folds

I call pre to setmine

Villain is playing 21/18 over 2.2k hands and his MP open is 17%.

I think his range for opening is 22+ AT+, KJ,T9s+, QJ So by just checkraising here he will have a hard time continuing with his alot of his hands

when he calls i cant really do much, its not a drawy board so its not very ikely he is on some kind of draw. Im guessing he has soething lik TT+ 88 66 AT and maybe 9Js which i will have a hard time getting to fold OTT so i jsut give up here.
  • 3 replies
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      as you said you call pre for set mining, so if you dont hit the flop you have to fold it. I think the call on the flop is waste of money. So you called and on the turn he bets light you could raise/fold here becouse it looks like AQ AK type of hand becouse of the raise preflop and the bet on the turn.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angalius
      as you said you call pre for set mining, so if you dont hit the flop you have to fold it. I think the call on the flop is waste of money. So you called and on the turn he bets light you could raise/fold here becouse it looks like AQ AK type of hand becouse of the raise preflop and the bet on the turn.
      I didnt call the flop i check raised it, read what i wrote next time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Depends a lot what's the MP play style, how often he goes to showdown. But most likely here it's practically a break-even spot to Check/Raise while a lot of his range may continue and by just Check/Raising once and hoping that he folds always is kind of dumb, therefore might even be better just to play fit/fold.

Best Regards.