Am I being floated too much?

• 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      After a bit of advice please. I currently play nl5 zoom on stars. I keep getting into the following situation regularly and any thoughts would be appreciated,

So then, the situation follows this structure,

I raise pre-flop CO or MP with AK-A10 4xBB
      One caller in BU (me playing oop)
      Dry flop which I miss (eg j high)
      I cbet 2/3rds of pot, which is flat called.

Where do I stand here when I miss the turn?? His range can be very wide, I'm concerned that I get floated a lot in this situation when I check the turn :f_cry: what would be the optimal play? Should I cbet less often? Should I cbet the turn/river too? obviously no reads on opponents as its zoom.

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      This is exactly what is happening to me also. I will second barrel only when I can see in the HUD that the guy does fold on turn a lot, all other times I will just give it up because it's zoom and people can be slowplaying monsters. I'd like to see what more experienced player has to say about situations like these on Zoom.
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      I don't use a HUD atm so can't really use that as a solution lol :f_frown: .

I just think their range can be so wide, we can never know where we stand. I see a lot calling down with small PP or A-high but also a lot of sets.

Can any other experienced players give their 2cents?

Cheers
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i can only give some of my NL5 fulltilt rush experience, no bankroll on stars :f_frown:

having a working hud is very important, else (besides many other things like, mainly, stealing!) how are you going to know if double barreling is a good play against some particular opponent barely having seen him play at all?
      you could take notes for every hand that gets to showdown, but that's way too troublesome besides not being much of a sample

against unknown i would just cbet once and if he floated me let it be, take a note about the board if you wanna
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice Tomaloc, Was hoping for a miracle cure but oh well :f_p:
      Think i'll need to invest in HEM once i print a few more $$$ :f_cool: haha.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 3prswins
      Think i'll need to invest in HEM once i print a few more $$$ :f_cool: haha.
      Poker Tracker 4 is in beta now so it's free at the moment. It works great, so just go ahead and get it so you are not playing without a HUD.
      You can also just go download HEM2 Trial for 30 days, but not wait more than 15 days, or you will miss the Pokerstrategy.com offer which ends on April 15th.
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      I've used the HEM trial before, encounter several problems, which led me to stop using it.

Firstly I struggled to get the PostgreSQL working (had the same problem with elephant too). but the main reason is, I found that the pokerstars' hot keys beta (which I love and use all the time) doesn't work when using a HUD.

Lame excuses Tbh :f_eek:
      Anyone know if you can get the hot keys working with HEM or PT4? (without investing in table-ninja :p)

Thanks all for the responses anyway 👍 gl at the tables :) .