[NL2-NL10] nl2 FR A9s

• padrezulmiro
      padrezulmiro
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #12383252

UTG+2: $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $1.52 (76 bb)
      MP3: $5.11 (255.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.05 (102.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.03 (51.5 bb)
      SB: $2.10 (105 bb)
      BB: $0.94 (47 bb)
      UTG+1: $1.28 (64 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: 9:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19) 9:spade: 4:diamond: A:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN folds, BB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.43) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02

River: ($0.47) 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.26, BB folds

[/hand_history][replayer=12383252][/replayer][/converted_hand]

Was the flop raise well played? I wanted to isolate the better and try to play 1-on-1. How much you think i should've raised.

On the turn, since villain was unknown, i just called to keep his range wide, i think betting here would only put me against better hands, that could've called me on the flop since the board is so dry, such as sets, etc.

The river i think was the worst play: after the turn i dont think villain would call any worst hands
  • 12 replies
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      Dont give him a free card on the turn - continue to build the pot, hes 0.02$ bets are just weakness
    • padrezulmiro
      padrezulmiro
      Bronze
      the villain is unknown, not all villains' minbets are a weakness play. and since the board is so dry i dont think he has any kind of draw there
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      I would definately make a raise on the turn for 3/4pot.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by padrezulmiro
      the villain is unknown, not all villains' minbets are a weakness play. and since the board is so dry i dont think he has any kind of draw there
      Villain can have alot of worse aces, 9T JJ-KK which we all beat. I would still raise him up because you are just giving him a cheap price to suck out on you.

If he raises however things might be a bit different but until he makes a big bet just bet for value IMO
    • padrezulmiro
      padrezulmiro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny

Villain can have alot of worse aces, 9T JJ-KK which we all beat. I would still raise him up because you are just giving him a cheap price to suck out on you.

If he raises however things might be a bit different but until he makes a big bet just bet for value IMO
      Like I said, the villain is unknown: if you had 88-KK for example, tell me, would you call PF or would you re-steal?

Im assuming that this is a standart player. And on such a board there isnt much he can suck out against me.

Again, from my experience, not all min-bets are a weakness play.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze

Like I said, the villain is unknown: if you had 88-KK for example, tell me, would you call PF or would you re-steal?

Im assuming that this is a standart player. And on such a board there isnt much he can suck out against me.

So why do you raise the river?

If it is as you say that villain is unknown i would be even more inclined to bet big on the turn because we can then assume on this limit that he is a bad player and will often call with worse.
    • padrezulmiro
      padrezulmiro
      Bronze

So why do you raise the river?
      I mentioned on the first post that i think that was a bad play: i was way ahead or way behind so you re right, i shouldnt have raised the river
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello padrezulmiro,

Raise the flop bigger, raise the turn and ship river vs his stack. :P

Best Regards.
    • padrezulmiro
      padrezulmiro
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz,

Can you explain me why should I play like that?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thanks veriz,

Can you explain me why should I play like that?
      Because I'd plan to play for the stacks. If he has the Ace he is going to pay or even whatever GS. If he doesn't he wont pay you anyways.
    • padrezulmiro
      padrezulmiro
      Bronze
      I'm sorry to be such a pain in the ass xD ,

But what kind of aces do you think would pay a steal that i could still beat?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I'm sorry to be such a pain in the ass xD ,

But what kind of aces do you think would pay a steal that i could still beat?
      No worries, ask as many questions you want. :) And what do you mean what kind of Aces? You beat almost any Ax hand cause you have 2pairs yourself, you are beaten only by AT.