This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 - TT blinddefense

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $51
      MP2:
      $50
      BU:
      $60,2

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

BU openraise 50%
      Fto3B = 63%
      FCbet= 67%
      TCbet = 55%

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , T:spade: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,50.
      MP2 checks, 2 folds, BU raises to $2,25, Hero calls $2,00, 2 folds.

Wanted to play against his very weak range. But against this huge range and rather low Fto3B i could also 3b for value i guess.

Flop: ($5,50) T:club: , 8:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BU calls $4,00.

Donk since there are a lot of draws in his range.

Turn: ($13,50) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11,5, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13,50
  • 2 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      3betting depends hugely on the player and the dynamics, I lean towards 3betting but either is fine imo

on the flop I go for a check raise cos I think a much wider range is cbetting than calling your donk, plus a lost of draws will be calling a c/r cos of implied odds.

on the turn i'd bet just over half pot because I think your sizing makes a lot of the draws fold especially now that the board is paired.

And you want him to call cos when he hits you stack him every time
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Depends a lot on the opponent on the flop, either to Check/Raise it or not or donk it. I don't of course mind even donking but if I do then I would definitely make much smaller Bet on the turn for him to make even look like we have a FD or whatsoever and are scared -> so practically induce a bluff-raise/protection raise.

Best Regards.