Zoom strategy

• 15 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey StingerMk,

I see nobody came with any advice. I currently play NL25 SH Zoom and don't change my strategy that much from normal games.

The key difference is that if you want to play it on a regular basis you need to review your opponents using HEM and get some reads that way because you don't get free info from when others play a hand and watching it like in non-Zoom/Rush format.

From my experience, up to NL25 you can have a good winrate with a solid style and don't go crazy with 3bets with weak hands, light 4bets and bluff shoves. Not saying they can't be done but until you are very confident of such plays being the best, it's better to not do them.

Regards,
      Manu.

PS: There are some Rush vids available and there should be some Zoom vids launched soon here so be on the look out! ;)
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Tight Agg is working a treat for me on nl2 nl5. Because of the speed of the game when you hit bad beats it came seems there coming every 5 hands but in fact my HM result stats have stayed the same.

I set myself a hand limit too. This seems to work. Play 200 hands, take a break and eval your game.
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Deadbillis
      Tight Agg is working a treat for me on nl2 nl5. Because of the speed of the game when you hit bad beats it came seems there coming every 5 hands but in fact my HM result stats have stayed the same.

I set myself a hand limit too. This seems to work. Play 200 hands, take a break and eval your game.
      200 hands is like a couple of minutes dude..
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Yes start slow, eval how it's going, then increase number of hands.

Same as with brm don't to it all at once build slowly.

I play 200 hands on micro levels and treble up quite often in that time.
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      I like coming home from work, 4-tabling Zoom and racking up 500 hands, then close and review. Takes about 35 minutes, no hassle with table selection, plenty of fish, quick enough you don't feel card dead...it's poker crack.
    • chrispokergod
      chrispokergod
      Bronze
      Whats a good profit you could expect to realistically make on NL25 Zoom?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi Chris,

I think 4bb/100 is a realistic winrate for NL25 Zoom, be it SH or FR. Depending how good you are, you can do better or worse but I think that's a good estimate of a very accessible winrate.

Regards,
      Manu.
    • chrispokergod
      chrispokergod
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply!

Could you go into more detail about the $$$, I do not know exactly how many hands you could play an hour on zoom, I assume its around 150 an hour? Also is 4bb/100 on 1 table or 4 tables at a time?

Also, I find ZOOM is very nitty, do you think it is the same as normal FR or does everyone literally wait for premium hands rather then play loose (which is what I seem to have found in my limited experience).
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      bb/100 is a measure by "100 hands"... doesn't matter if you play 100 hands in 1 table or in 4 :P

zoom is obviously more waaaay more nitty, even the fish are nitty. still that doesn't prevent them from being bad postflop.
    • chrispokergod
      chrispokergod
      Bronze
      What I meant to say is, I dnt really know how many hands you can play on average on ZOOM. So with 4 tables open, how many hands would you expect to play an hour? This would then give me an idea of what kind of profit one could expect to make.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chrispokergod
      What I meant to say is, I dnt really know how many hands you can play on average on ZOOM. So with 4 tables open, how many hands would you expect to play an hour? This would then give me an idea of what kind of profit one could expect to make.
      My average is about 1200. It depends on how many hands are you playing. If you are laggy you'll play about 800-1000/hour, if you are nitty 1500-1800/hour.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      It's safe to assume 1 table = 250 hands/hour. Some have higher, some have lower but the average is about there and it's what most people will get.

Depending on style you will get more or less since playing more hands slows down the action, while nitting it up means you fast fold more and get more hands in.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      This mostly depends on how fast your playing. I know some ppl getting 800 hands 4 tabling zoom while other get 1800.

The best thing to do is play for a few hours and see how many your getting in per hour.
    • chrispokergod
      chrispokergod
      Bronze
      I surprised how many hands you can play per hour and still make 4bb/100. Surely the lack of notes/info on opponents, plus more nits make it harder than fullring?

I haven't see any maniacs really at ZOOM so I've lost alot of my value that I was getting from FR
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I surprised how many hands you can play per hour and still make 4bb/100. Surely the lack of notes/info on opponents, plus more nits make it harder than fullring?

I haven't see any maniacs really at ZOOM so I've lost alot of my value that I was getting from FR
      I consider 4bb/100 a low winrate that will be acheived by most winning players. Winrates of 8bb/100 are definitely acheivable by the very best players imo at a certain limit. Hard to do but not impossible at all.