[NL2-NL10] NL4; AK CC <> reg

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $5 (125 bb)
      CO: $4.68 (117 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5.28 (132 bb)
      SB: $4.03 (100.8 bb)
      BB: $9.99 (249.8 bb)
      UTG: $2.96 (74 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.12, CO folds, Hero calls $0.12, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.30) 5 5 A (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.22, MP raises to $0.66, Hero calls $0.44

Turn: ($1.62) 9 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.62) 8 (2 players)
      MP bets $0.92, Hero calls $0.92

Results: $3.46 pot ($0.23 rake)
      Final Board: 5 5 A 9 8
      MP showed Q T and won $3.23 ($1.53 net)
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$1.70 net)

Openraiser's stats:
      VP/PFR/AF/CbetFlop/Check-raiseFlop/Foldto3bet/WTS/hands 26/23/4.5/55(71)/21(14)/84(51)/25/1.1k

BB's stats:
      VP/PFR/AF/3bet/WTS/hands 60/22/3.2//3.6/22/89

Preflop: I think calling is best because we create too much fold equity with a 3bet and I don't mind being in position 3way with a fish in the hand.

Postflop: I do not know what to make of this weird line. To raise it against this opponent on the flop would be overplayed without reads. It is hard to decide what to do on the turn. I am sure of only one thing: our opponent is not likely to have a monster because it would be hard for me to imagine him choosing a check/raise line twice as the PFA with a strong hand. Thus I estimate his range to consist of bluffs and semi-bluffs maybe. Although at the time I thought that he would cBet a FD. That is why I checked behind to induce a bluff.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Flop: Why should we be calling here? Do you want to see another and then he might even not pay with Ax hand? Also if he even has bluffs then he wont be paying us much on later streets anyways. He could easily even have draws himself.

As played
      Turn: Bet the turn? It's kind of must to Bet here and protect + get value from worse.

As played
      River: Not much to comment while even a draw completed, can't really see how you can fold it after so passive approach earlier.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Flop: Why should we be calling here? Do you want to see another and then he might even not pay with Ax hand? Also if he even has bluffs then he wont be paying us much on later streets anyways. He could easily even have draws himself.

Is calling on the flop not better if I do not expect him to have an ace? Would he really check/raise Ax as PFA? His range then consists of bluffs and semi-bluffs mostly. I am not too sure if he would continue bluffing once I raise the flop since my range for raising check/raises is very very monster-oriented. Or is the most important aspect here protection even though we know that he is folding almost all of his hands to a raise? He could even continue bluffing on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, if you expect him to have an ace then why not get it in? I don't get it...

If he even has semi-bluffs then you are just giving away free cards, rarely expect them to Bet again the turn as we Call IP vs him. :) Plus your line is pretty horrible after even Checking the turn which I don't really get at all.