SB: $36.17
      BB: $8.47
      UTG: $20.00
      Hero (UTG+1): $34.42
      MP: $28.91
      MP+1: $25.27

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.70, MP calls $0.70, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.70, 2 players) 5:diamond: 3:diamond: 4:club:
      Hero bets $1.25, MP calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.20, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

River: ($8.40, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero bets $2.00, fold

what do you think about turn?
      I didn't see many fold equity so i think barreling against this player would be mistake so i decided to play x/f but when he bet so small just 1/2 PSB I think our call wasn't bad at all. We have two over cards which sometime we hit on the river as in this example and win the pot + FD+ GS
  • 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Don't like it, rather 2nd barrel it than Check/Call it where you might not even get the implied odds if he bets big. :)

Also I don't understand your point of donk the river, what's the purpose of it, rather let him bluff as long he is so aggressive.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      hmmm... do you see fold equity against this player in this example? do you think that we are able to make him to fold?

why 2ndBarrel > check/call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      hmmm... do you see fold equity against this player in this example? do you think that we are able to make him to fold?

why 2ndBarrel > check/call?
      Because we don't get the implied odds most likely with Check/call, that's cause. :) Why do you want fold equity? We might even be ahead vs any other Ax hand or whatsoever and even if we get called we still have decent equity against any range.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm here for a wail and evaluated a lot of hands in which I play flush draws and still don't know why to play it, when I should 2ndBarrel.
      I'm not talking about situation when we hit scary card on the turn because our decision is much easier.

ok
      so when can we consider check?
      against what kind of player?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      so when can we consider check? against what kind of player?

Most likely I wouldn't Check here unless I really would have good reads that he is Checking behind and even then I would 2nd barrel here cause we have huge equity advantage against any hand.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so can we adjust our decision about barreling against what kind of player we are?
      let's say...
      in this example we are against player with AF 8 it high probability when we check he will bet... so we don't get free river card when we check so we want to barrel and try to take this pot?

against passive player with AF 1 or low Bet vs Missed Bet, we can easily check because it's high probability that we will get free card?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      so can we adjust our decision about barreling against what kind of player we are?
      let's say...
      in this example we are against player with AF 8 it high probability when we check he will bet... so we don't get free river card when we check so we want to barrel and try to take this pot?

against passive player with AF 1 or low Bet vs Missed Bet, we can easily check because it's high probability that we will get free card?
      No matter what AF he has here I am betting myself.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      no matter what kind of opp do we against?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      no matter what kind of opp do we against?
      Yep, I would still 2nd barrel. :D Even if he has very small stack I would ship it.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      one more question...
      what to do one the bland river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      one more question...
      what to do one the bland river?
      Usually our plan would be just to Check/Fold it without any specific information. Against such opponents who might even fold enough to 3barrels like have very high W$SD we could even consider 3barreling with good reads.