This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25sh KQo turn and river spot

• dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $25.30
      SB: $27.98
      BB: $14.89
      Hero (UTG): $43.06
      MP: $26.60
      CO: $22.55

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:heart: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35, 3 players) 6:diamond: J:club: T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, fold

Turn: ($5.85, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($5.85, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.17, Hero ???

OPP is 27/20/2/13 over 94 hand and folded to Fcbet 4/5 times

I guess it was standart 2d barell spot, couse he will ch/b all hands I beat, and will bet those who have me beat, or have a lot of EQ. but as played what do you think on river? he bets so much, but he should have bet all his big value hands on T too, so it leaves him only with runner runner flush, and two pairs or bluff, but if he wanted to bluff he could do that on T, so I guess it is value hand, and I can not think of any bluffing hand.. But it is still strange that after ch/b on turn he bets on R so much.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dooleslovs,

Yep, it should be rather a spot where I would definitely go for 2nd barrel than turn my hand into bluff-catcher and do that on turn & river. Difficult to Call down both streets.

But as played well, he could even have the backdoor flush in his range there. :( Usually the problem here is that they practically Checking behind on the turn with draws themselves and river completed even a draw as FD. If he really wanted to bluff then why didn't he do that earlier? Plus of course with any pair he has showdown value.

Best Regards.