$0.90
      BU (Hero):
      $5.00
      SB:
      $6.53
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.12, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.12, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.3) 6, 5, T (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.7) K (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52.

River: ($1.74) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.52, Hero raises to $1.72, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.26.
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello thebaptist333,

Preflop: Why do you Call here?

As played
      Flop: Why do you Call here?

As played
      Turn: Why do you Call here? Do you think you getting even the implied odds?

As played
      River: Why do you raise here? What are you representing?

Answer me those question and lets see what we can do.

Best Regards.
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      preflop
      I called because I was in position and open raiser was being quite loose even in EP

flop
      I called here to steal the pot on the turn

turn
      here I picked up an open ender so I thought I'll wait for the river.

river
      I didn't actually think about the river too much, I just thought that I won't win the pot unless I reraise. His river bet was so weak that I thought he would fold.

I tried to play this hand without worrying too much about the cards. I'm sure I played it badly somehow but this was a hand where I just decided to play the player and see what happened.

Also about the implied odds, I didn't actually think about them too much (this was probably a mistake), because my plan was to win the pot anyway.
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      I would fold on the flop if I don't hit and definately on the turn if I don't improve(as played). I think you played it very bad.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You have on him just 35 hands, so wouldn't say a perfect sample to play with such a hand. Strongly would advice not to play such hands, especially what came out postflop. Don't want to say anything bad but it's really "like a station play".
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin:

Thanks for the feedback coach. It's definitely not a standard hand and that's why it gets posted.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by thebaptist333
      :f_biggrin:

Thanks for the feedback coach. It's definitely not a standard hand and that's why it gets posted.
      Well, of course it ain't. But rather get to know at least first with suited connectors not start playing straight away with such hands which you might even not play profitable nor have a great plan for postflop.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      to be honest you shouldnt even be playing preflop...

And if you are going to i would 3bet not call. As majority of time you are gonna be dominated...
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the honest feedback. But please don't think that I didn't think about 3betting or folding on any street. If I was in the SB I would definitely 3bet or fold, but I do think on the BU a call is fine.

I understand that I played the hand badly, but I'm not a complete fish. In this case I decided not to 3bet because I was in position against a player that was playing pretty loose and aggressive up to that point, but also seemed like a thinking player. We were also quite deepstacked so why should I risk 3betting a playable hand in position against someone like that (Veriz please correct me if I'm wrong here)? I would sometimes play a hand like AK in the same way so why not mix up my range?

I think I maybe got a little bit carried away postflop, but like I said, it's not a standard hand.

I still have a lot to learn, but I find I learn more by experimenting sometimes then when I play ABC all the time.

Thanks again for your invaluable feedback coach, I really do appreciate it :s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, we can play this way the hand but I would still strongly advice to start doing it with suited connectors and get to know how to play postflop and why you picking specific line. :) And then do whatever you want if you also are aware of postflop play.