Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $0.00
      SB:
      $0.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      5 folds, raises to $0.12, raises to $0.48, SB folds, Hero calls $0.32, folds.

Flop: ($0.86) 4, 9, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, raises to $1.44, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.74) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.33, calls $0.33.

River: ($4.4) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.4.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(K K).
      shows two pairs, aces and queens(A A).

wins with two pairs, aces and queens(A A).
  • 1 reply
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Unless villain is really really a nit with a 3bet% of like 1-2% over a few thousand hands (then you can fold pre) its abs fine to get it in here. I prefer check/shoving this flop though because if hes 3betting A3s etc you dont want to miss out on value from his blind cbets.

Donking is bad though because you very credibly rep a queen so its hard for him to stack off with many worse hands, and he will cbet-call with any Q anyway.

On say a 267r flop donking half pot is cool because it looks weak and he can either try to push you off of a weak hand with overcards or will ship it in for value with any overpair. (whereas if you check he will often check-back 88/AK for pot-control and then you lose value when a J/Q hit the turn)

I especially like just flatting preflop if he has a very wide 3bet% and allowing him to spew off. If its more like 5% though its better to 4bet and get it in because you will lose a lot of value vs AK postflop if you just call.

If you dont have stats, play it by ear. Has he been aggressive and playing many pots? If yes I like calling and check-shipping. if not I prefer 4bet-get it in.