OGOGO - The journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step. NL2 ZOOM.

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Greetings to all!

I have toyed with the idea of creating a blog but have always put it off because there are already so many inspiring ones out there and mine wouldn't be even entertaining to read! But I have had enough of my mediocre/poor play in poker that I have stopped playing for months. Now that Zoom is on Pokerstars, I have decided to give myself a chance, start grinding, go back to the basics and see how far I can go as a poker player.

:spade: Blog Name :spade:

I name my blog OGOGO - One Goal & One Goal Only.
      And that goal is very simple, it is to become the best poker player I can become. To keep improving, challenging myself and pushing the boundaries of my capabilities.

:heart: About Myself :heart:

I am 23 years old from the little red dot known as Singapore! I do not want to say too much about myself as the main goal for creating this blog is to improve as a poker player. In a way, if my determination and passion brings me far which means this blog will have a long life, I am sure fellow strategists will pick up on it and get to know me :f_cool:

:diamond: To Reach My Goal :diamond:

I see several steps I have to take to improve! It's quite obvious though and pokerstrategy has already provided me with an excellent platform to do so.

1) Read strategy articles
      2) Watch videos
      3) Visit hand evaluation forum to analyze hands and post tricky/interesting ones myself
      4) Attend coaching sessions
      5) Form a study group with like-minded players to discuss concepts, theories and improve on play overall

No5 is especially important to me because I believe in interdependence, sharing of ideas/opinions and also fellow players who are as passionate and committed to motivate each other during down times.

:club: The journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step :club:

This is my first step! By creating this blog, I hope it will give me an accountability to this wonderful community of pokerstrategists to always improve myself as a poker player. I have my own doubts and fears, but I will commit to playing and learning.

Don't know whether it's a coincidence that OGOGO's birthday is on the 1st April as well. Just hope that this whole "plan" doesn't turn out to be a joke! I will post the monthly goals after I thought of them!

Wish me and OGOGO luck! :f_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      So I have downloaded trial version of HM2 and it crashed on me twice right at the beginning. X(

2-tabled FR and HM2 seemed to make PS lag but still alright overall. Will certainly be making use of the promotion to buy it at $25 after I get use to it :D

Managed to play 1k+ hands and am quite pleased with my playing. Kept telling myself to play tight and avoid marginal situations. Which included folding preflop AQ on the blinds with a raiser and flat caller.

Stats at 11.7/9.0/2.4/3.78/
      VPIP/PFR/3Bet/Agg/

My main goal now is play 25k-30k hands and then make sure I analyze and improve my own play every couple of days. I know I have a low concentration level and 2-tabling gives me approx 250hands/half hr so I'm taking 5mins breaks every 250 hands and hopefully play 1k hands/day.

As I put in the volume, I will also be exploring HM2, posting hands on evaluation forum, reviewing hands and taking notes on players even if it's ZOOM. I will also attempt the Pokerstrategy Beginner's Course!(When I do not feel so lazy :f_cool: )
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      I created a list of reminders on sticky notes to remind me when I'm playing on the tables. These are just 8 reminders to make sure I don't go tilty or nuts when things aren't going my way.

I think it works differently for different players because we each have our own specific style of play. But I think these 8 reminders are great for everyone in general! Do you people out there have anymore to add? :f_biggrin:

Oh yea, and I'm a diehard Newcastle fan! A long-suffering one at that. For 17 years since I was 6. What a great result today over the Scousers!
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Played another session of 1k hands.

The whole dynamics in ZOOM is a lot tighter as compared to the normal tables? Had tons of Aces and Kings but in the end only twice did I put in my whole stack. 1 won and 1 sucked out.

Other than that, played below average and made many rash decisions and became frustrated as a result. :s_mad:

Nothing much going on now, got called up for an interview this coming thursday! Hope tomorrow will be a better day on the poker front! :s_grin: