CO posts $0.10
      CO posts $0.05

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG calls $1

FLOP ($3.20) 4:spade: J:diamond: 8:club:

Hero bets $2.40, UTG calls $2.40

TURN ($8) 4:spade: J:diamond: 8:club: 5:spade:

Hero bets $6.10 (AI), UTG calls $6.10

Against an unknown. Just spewy? he tanked a bit on the flop. I kinda see him having a pocket pair of TT or 99 or AQ a lot of the time. With the added equity of the turn is the shove ok?
      I feel i rep a ton of strength and obviously have outs to the nuts vs a set..
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

Preflop: I wouldn't even be 3betting in first place here but rather just flatting and keeping his range wide. What's your plan if he 4bets you? :)

As played
      Postflop: Doubt that we can play it much differently, as long you even went for such a line. I'd either Check/Fold the flop or just double-barrel it as you did with such equity + fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      im happy to get in to be honest pre, although i do take what you mean and feel that maybe a call is better there in certain cases.

Is it better to call if his range is tight as if i flop big i know im ahead and just soak up bullets.

Or better to call if his range is wide to keep trash in? I feel the wider they are the more i want to 3bet for value/protection.

Post Flop:
      I personally dont like check /fold as i do let TT JJ or AQ run me over which dominate his range.

Looking back i dont really see what i can do on that turn but shove.....
      Shame he flipped Pockets 55s over.... sigh
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, what do you mean TT/JJ run over you? I mean he could easily even have there whatever hands and even traps as QQ+. The only hand you beat is AQ and that's it. We can't even be sure if he calls with it preflop without any information on the guy. He maybe just calls with PPs in this case. And any PP in this situation and at least on such a flop is most likely going to continue.